99-04 automatic mustangs want to go 5-speed?

quikcobra

Established Member
I looked but could'nt find the section to post it in the market. Thats messed up mach1's dont have their own section lol.

But onto the point. I have a low milage 99 cobra and after thinking I'll prefer auto. So I'll post my whole 5-speed set-up to trade for a full auto setup. If your interested send me a PM

I have the light weight flywheel, 5speed trans, pro5.0 shifter, new king cobra clutch, driveshaft, ECU, and harness.

Blitz34

Established Member
the funny thing is I would love to trade you. I have a 2002 GT auto. The problem would be obviously the distance from you and I'm not sure how much work would be involved in the swap.

quikcobra

Established Member
Yea, Im looking to trade EVERYTHING so the only real work it would be is bolt yours off and bolt mine on. Then unplug your ECU and plug mine in. so it reads the trans. Its is very easy but yea the ditance is killer and you being a GT would be an issue running my Cobra engine off that ECU.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
as much flack as i get for having an auto in my mach 1, i like it for its simplicity in driving. good luck in your search.

quikcobra

Established Member
It is simple put it in D and go, But I dont know if I had a bolt-on or bolt-on, spray with bolt ons, Or supercharged car I would want a Auto at all. Im looking to send it to get built and handle a bullseye 380. The auto will put alot of stress on the turbo spooling it faster ect... but for a 300-650ish hp car Manual all the way.

Blitz34

Established Member
Yeah the ecu for mine is designed for a 2v versus your 4v so idk how well it would work. It would require our ecu be reflashed if I'm not mistaken. This is the work on my part in a buddies thread.

manual swap how to

Users who are viewing this thread