370 RWHP 02 Z06 vs 470 RWHP 03 Cobra! The Results may suprise you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Established Member
Click here!!!

Moral of the story, the car with more hp/tq does not always win, tis a combo of power to weight ratio, driver skill, gearing and areodynamics.

btw, both cars had near equal wieght passengers.

ENjoy teh vide0! :rockon:

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
nice vid as usual havoc..... close race, but wouldn't have been so close if the cobra could shift good :shrug:

blownco

BLOWN 95 COBRA
Established Member
Damn that guy in the cobra should have walked on him maybe he needs to lean how to drive his car a little better,good vid tho :beer: :beer: :beer:

Last edited:

DCAN87

Established Member
The cobra still won. Thats all that matters.

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
It pains me to see yet another single-run video. Quite frankly I think these are WORTHLESS.

You need AT LEAST 2 or 3 runs in a video from the same speeds for it to mean anything. I mean come on!

Do the results surprise me? NO SHIT THEY DO!

I love Z06s like I love Cobras, but aerodynamics aren't compensating for 100 less horsepower. This Cobra driver needs a lesson or two...

HAVOC

Established Member
1Day-ACobra said:
It pains me to see yet another single-run video. Quite frankly I think these are WORTHLESS.

You need AT LEAST 2 or 3 runs in a video from the same speeds for it to mean anything. I mean come on!

I am sorry i cuased u so much pain, but 1Day when u get a cobra, maybe we can hook up and I can get u "AT LEAST 2 or 3" runs in wiht this particular Z06, were only about 2 hours away.

Do the results surprise me? NO SHIT THEY DO! I love Z06s like I love Cobras, but aerodynamics aren't compensating for 100 less horsepower.
no, they aren't, but aerodynamics + a solid 500 lb weight differnce is. :thumbsup:

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Nice vid HAVOC :rockon:
I saw the vid when you posted it on N2S and I watched it again now, and I don't know why people get bent outa shape over it :shrug: Two awesome, and Domestic fast cars going at it neck and neck :rockon: I woulden't car if the Cobra lost or won its a race on the street and anything can happen, who cares? Again good job with the vids and keep them comming :beer:

Fosters

Established Member
HAVOC said:
I am sorry i cuased u so much pain, but 1Day when u get a cobra, maybe we can hook up and I can get u "AT LEAST 2 or 3" runs in wiht this particular Z06, were only about 2 hours away.

no, they aren't, but aerodynamics + a solid 500 lb weight differnce is. :thumbsup:

aerodynamics from a 40 roll that lasted 10 secs wouldn't do shit... aerodynamics would come into play on a 140+ mph run, which they didn't hit. weight savings, and probably the better traction and driver of the vette is where he kept up so well. I'd like to see track numbers for each car... that'd explain things a bit better :)

jleews6

Established Member
Great video Havoc.
From what I see around here most(not all) of the 470 rwhp cobras run mid 11s and a 370 rwhp Z with good tires and a good driver will run mid 11s. Hmmmmm.. :shrug:

Thrust

Established Member
That was a good vid, But I want to know where you got that biggie flow from. I thought that I had heard all of his mix tape stuff, But that one was new to me.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Not surprising at all! 100rwhp less, and 400#'s (maybe a little more, maybe a little less, not the point), makes it a DAMN good race. One screwed up shift and the race is lost for either car.

Another sweet vid!

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
Thrust said:
That was a good vid, But I want to know where you got that biggie flow from. I thought that I had heard all of his mix tape stuff, But that one was new to me.

lean back remix.

JNY XXX

Driving can make a huge difference. A friend of mine has a 03 Cobra, which is pullied, chipped, ported, and sprayed with a 50-shot. He put down just over 500 n/a and nearly 600 on juice. From a 20 or 40 roll, he can't come around me until well over 100mph, probably closer to 120mph. Thing is, he doesn't drive his car much, so he's not as aggressive through the gears. On paper, there is no way EVER that my car, at 365rwhp/350rwtq, would even stay close to his from a highway roll. But it does. Sure, weight has a lot to do with it, but I think driver difference accounts for even more.

Just my two cents. BTW, nice vid, Havoc. I love your videos.

Venomss said:
Driving can make a huge difference. A friend of mine has a 03 Cobra, which is pullied, chipped, ported, and sprayed with a 50-shot. He put down just over 500 n/a and nearly 600 on juice. From a 20 or 40 roll, he can't come around me until well over 100mph, probably closer to 120mph. Thing is, he doesn't drive his car much, so he's not as aggressive through the gears. On paper, there is no way EVER that my car, at 365rwhp/350rwtq, would even stay close to his from a highway roll. But it does. Sure, weight has a lot to do with it, but I think driver difference accounts for even more.

Just my two cents. BTW, nice vid, Havoc. I love your videos.

Hes giving up 150 HP just to push his pig as fast as your car.....Our cars need a diet! Z06's are cool but I like my Cobra!

DSG2003

Established Member
I can never seem to be able to watch Havoc's video's. The ones that I can are always good. Just wish I could see them all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread