Cam'd C6Z vs 600whp stang GT with 5.4 + blower + nitrous

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
While I was in mexico this evening I managed to find a good race with a mustang gt. The GT had a built 5.4 with a vortech blower and nitrous, making roughly 600whp. My setup is a cam, headers, intake 535/495. we went from a 50 roll, which was 2nd gear for me, and 3rd gear for him, and he shut it down at 125 as he redlined 4th gear, just before I got into my 4th gear.

the vid isnt the best, but it's worth watching :rockon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN3Pr_0RQUM]YouTube - cam'd C6Z vs 600whp GT with a built 5.4 + blower + nitrous[/ame]

it would have been ugly if I got into 4th gear, but very close from 50-125.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
He needs to ditch those 4.10's!

actually, those 4.10's are the only thing that kept him in the race. if he would have had a smaller gear, that means we would have went into my 4th gear.....which is not good news for him, haha. his car ran strong, those 4.10's kept him beside of me, but only till 120 or so. he was shocked he got beat, he couldnt believe it, haha. nice guy though.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good race! Damn those C6Z's always picking on cars with more hp than themselves, lol.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Nice vid man and good kill. But i agree, he should get rid of those 4.10s. With the power and torque he should be making with his mods, he doesnt need low gears like that. Just my opinion though.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
he needs a smaller gear, but my 4th gear would have been brutal regardless. I like going to 150+ :-D

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Op

With the power your making, have you lost ?

To what setup and how much hp ?

i had a very similiar race with a built motor 04 cobra + 3.4 whipple/solid axle. we ran dead even till 125mph, then he dropped an anchor. his car was also geared very high, 3.90's and couldnt go past 125mph. our first race he got the jump on me and held a car till I hit 4th gear which is when he shut it down. on 2 of our other races we hit it at the same time and were dead even, with me pulling 1 car at the top of my 3rd gear (125mph). I never got into 4th gear, which is my money gear. no doubt, I would have violently run away at 125mph+.

i have a wet kit sitting in my dining room, might have it installed and tuned this week :rockon:.

Tremor

NO MERCY
i had a very similiar race with a built motor 04 cobra + 3.4 whipple/solid axle. we ran dead even till 125mph, then he dropped an anchor. his car was also geared very high, 3.90's and couldnt go past 125mph. our first race he got the jump on me and held a car till I hit 4th gear which is when he shut it down. on 2 of our other races we hit it at the same time and were dead even, with me pulling 1 car at the top of my 3rd gear (125mph). I never got into 4th gear, which is my money gear. no doubt, I would have violently run away at 125mph+.

i have a wet kit sitting in my dining room, might have it installed and tuned this week :rockon:.

How much was he pushing with that 3.4 ?

Your power to weight is hard to beat :burnout:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
How much was he pushing with that 3.4 ?

Your power to weight is hard to beat :burnout:

i heard 678whp uncorrected, and around 650 corrected.

also, i got beat by a 9 sec 150trap fbody, but we didnt kick it at the same time, not sure if it would have mattered though. haha.

Users who are viewing this thread