Port/Pully Cobra vs. Bolt-on 04 Z06 *ANGLE 2* VIDEO*

rem177

Established Member
finally got the video from his car.
you can look at my other thread for more info on the races..

these are our two cleanest runs...I had to start in 3rd due to traction..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtDNuqygxww"]YouTube - cobra vs zo6 6[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMs-1i4ad8Q"]YouTube - cobra vs zo6 7[/ame]

enjoy

whiplash306

Established Member
Looks like you beat him both times....he gets the initial jump and you real 'em in and pass him! Good runs! Strong runnin' Cobra!!!

Paulinator

Established Member
finally a smart racer.. if u dont have tire, up the gear so u wont spin. but the car with greater power will still prevail.

Boostslut

Established Member
I have had like 3 or 4 03 cobras one with a steig and full bolt ons it made 525 at the wheels, It would give a somewhat stock vette a pretty good run but just hope you dont run into one with a cam and exhaust with supporting mods it would be a very bad out come for you. I just sold my Viper and purchased a cammed 04 Z06 with every bolt on you could imagine, i would love to run into your car on the street and represent for the Vettes. Car runs good but i would stick to racing stock vettes. Just sayin

whiplash306

Established Member
I have had like 3 or 4 03 cobras one with a steig and full bolt ons it made 525 at the wheels, It would give a somewhat stock vette a pretty good run but just hope you dont run into one with a cam and exhaust with supporting mods it would be a very bad out come for you. I just sold my Viper and purchased a cammed 04 Z06 with every bolt on you could imagine, i would love to run into your car on the street and represent for the Vettes. Car runs good but i would stick to racing stock vettes. Just sayin

Seems us cammed and exhausted Vette guys with supporting mods and tune can't find ported and pullied Cobras to run. I'd love to run one as well as I'm curious of the outcome. 'Course the drama might not be as fun as some expect as I've grown tired of trash talking.....and, having had so many Mustangs in the past, I just can't bring myself to trash talking 'em.

My only story against a ported and pullied Cobra comes from when my ZO6 was stock with the exception of a CAI.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-kill-drive-thru-34/477256-its-tie-03-cobra-vs-02-zo6.html No races since then.....

Either way though, this race was definitely a win for the Cobra. Besides the initial burst of instantaneous n/a torque from the Vette, the Cobra was certainly the stronger of these two!

CURRENT CARS
GN4.gif
Vette3.gif

-'86 Buick Grand National (9's or bust)
-'02 ZO6 (423 rwhp/391 rwtq)
-'08 Mazdaspeed 3 (The Wife's)

PAST CARS
-All Mustang GT's: '66, '87, '90, '00, '03, '85, '89 '04 Cobra Vert, '04 Mach I
-'04 Subaru WRX STi

Last edited:

rem177

Established Member

mmmm, your tears -- they are so delicious...sounds like a certain GM fan has a sandy vag.

I have had like 3 or 4 03 cobras

So which one is it? :dw: I doubt you've had even one.

It would give a somewhat stock vette a pretty good run but just hope you dont run into one with a cam and exhaust with supporting mods it would be a very bad out come for you.

a somewhat stock vette? :lol1:
Alright, you're obviously some stupid kid making shit up on the internet. In case you didnt know, a somewhat stock vette could run anywhere from 14's to 10's...you're not exactly being specific. Generation? Z06? ZR1? what?

I just sold my Viper and purchased a cammed 04 Z06 with every bolt on you could imagine, i would love to run into your car on the street and represent for the Vettes. Car runs good but i would stick to racing stock vettes. Just sayin

No, you didnt. You're a lying little wanna-be giving GM owners a bad reputation. :poke:
If I wanted to race 'stock vettes' , I would go cruising around early on a Sunday morning picking on old men.
This was a Z06. And it wasnt stock. :dancenana:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

So you are saying a stock vette will beat a ported/full bolt on Cobra? Really? A stock C6Z maybe or ZR1 yes......but a stock C5Z beating a ported bolt on Cobra....Did you not just see the vid by the op? He beat a BOLT ON C5Z with a ported bolt on Cobra. If you are going to be a Fanboi (regardless of Make) perhaps you shouldn't OWN yourself in a thread with video proof that contradicts what you are saying.:nonono:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread