CarFX eats it at Hallett

KzooMuscle

Established Member
No cage? How did they survive that, the roof is completely caved in.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
A friend sent me that link earlier. You can clearly see the bolt-in cage feet sticking through the floor of the car. Yikes....

2yy7349.jpg

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
from what I can tell the roll bar sticking out the bottom doesnt look like it had backing plates on it.............makes no sense unless it was an MM bar because they dont fit for crap!

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Insane...in all my years working at a track I've never seen a wreck that bad. That car was out at TWS this past spring...

IMG_5367.jpg

IMG_5372.jpg

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
different cars....look at the numbers on the door. They had 3 differnt cars 2 05-09 and a 2010.

There on the cover of the 5.0 mustangs&superfords this month!

03'Darin

Established Member
When I started racing scca in the SSGT class (Mustang LX 5.0) our required cage was a bolt in cage. I rolled my car at Watkins and had the cage push part way through the floor along with the passenger side roof bar bend. This was even with the 4 X 4 sandwhich plates on.

A bolt in cage provides quite a bit more protection than no cage but not nearly the protection that a weld in cage does.

This car was probably being driven for open track events (no race class designation on the car) which most people don't run any more safety gear than what comes from the factory.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
well that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about the roof structures on these cars.....lol

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Insane...in all my years working at a track I've never seen a wreck that bad. That car was out at TWS this past spring...

IMG_5367.jpg

IMG_5372.jpg

Looks a WEEEEEE bit different now..... :whine:

t029sn.jpg

Those are not the same car. CarFx has three different cars. The two pictured and a 2010 (Car #33), they are in this month's 5.0 mag. The 88 car is N/A, the 12 car is a "track car that we (CarFX) could make street legal". The 12 car weighs 3000lbs and has 625 hp.

It really is sad to see this wreck. I'm glad that they survived, it was pretty nasty.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Car FX in Tulsa, Oklahoma did the build. Absolutely ridiculous people who work there. They are known too jack up their prices SKY HIGH and give you terrible customer service.

It's an absolute complete joke. Everyone in Tulsa and the surrounding area that has any knowledge about Mustangs (preferably S197 platform) will agree.

They are lucky no one was seriously hurt, rude ignorant people.

SUPERSHELBY

SOO-PURR-SHELL-BEE
Established Member
HOLY SHIT!!!! DUDE! i used to see this car in person every saturday! that effin sucks!

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Several guys on my local fourm were out running at Hallet and snapped most of the pics, Nam is just 16 and got the shots of it crashing, he had just got the camera the night before.
Here is a shot Tyler got of the mustang on the wrecker showing the cage and the hole in the floor,
utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDMuanBn.jpg

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I suppose I'm more disappointed in the main body structure and A-pillars than I am the cage failure.

Users who are viewing this thread