badass garages and cars

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I've met the guy that owns the garage in the first few pics. He's currently selling his 90-something acre estate in Alpine, NJ (where that garage is located) for over 50 million. I met him when he held a fairly large car show by the carriage house of his estate. He's a really nice guy, and very down-to-earth. That Enzo is the highest-mileage Enzo in the world, so he does drive his cars.

blk02bird

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I like money just as much as the next guy, pry even more because I unfortunately place too much importance on stuff like beautiful houses, cars and other material wealth, but seriously, how do these people sleep at night?

And for those of you who are going to start with the lines of "They worked for what they have, sure, I bet some of them did, but I'm sure some of them inherited their wealth too. That is beside the fact, when I think about children who are starving in 3rd world countries and I see stuff like this, I just get a little sick to my stomach.

Mr.Shortround

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I like money just as much as the next guy, pry even more because I unfortunately place too much importance on stuff like beautiful houses, cars and other material wealth, but seriously, how do these people sleep at night?

And for those of you who are going to start with the lines of "They worked for what they have, sure, I bet some of them did, but I'm sure some of them inherited their wealth too. That is beside the fact, when I think about children who are starving in 3rd world countries and I see stuff like this, I just get a little sick to my stomach.

If that is the attitude you're going to take in life I hope you are prepared to not own a car and rent a 400 sq ft apartment. After all, you don't need a car to live and there are so many poor people in the world... How dare you not give away your money. What is wrong with you? :nonono:

I would wager that any of the people that own these garages have given more to charity with 1 check than you have in your entire life. There is nothing wrong with them rewarding themselves with their own money!

blk02bird

Established Member
I have to respectfully disagree with you Mr. Shortround. You may have misconstrued what I had to say, which may be my fault for not further explaining my perspective, but your are taking my comment under an extremist viewpoint, where it is either one way or another; i don't live in a black and white world. You will not find one part of my post which suggests that people can't participate in contemporary developed society by driving a vehicle, living in a house, and putting food on the table, however. If you are going to attempt to argue to me that this is just as bad as what these rich people are doing by living in excessive, gargantuan homes while stocking them with exotic cars all at the price of astronomical figures, then let me go ahead and say save your breath.

Making a living and supporting your family is quite different from what these individuals are doing. I am not arguing whether they deserve their possessions, that is not for me to say, however. In my opinion, when one takes into consideration the resources these people are expending on excessive material wealth instead of using their excess resources to help those with nothing at all fails to make sense to me, but maybe that is because I care about others a little too much instead of being consumed with myself and my image.

Who knows, maybe you are right, maybe these individuals have donated their dollars and time to help those in need, In fact, I hope you are right, it would only seem just that they would do such a thing.

Hopefully you understand where I am coming from now.

Last edited:

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
I have to respectfully disagree with you Mr. Shortround. You may have misconstrued what I had to say, which may be my fault for not further explaining my perspective, but your are taking my comment under an extremist viewpoint, where it is either one way or another; i don't live in a black and white world. You will not find one part of my post which suggests that people can't participate in contemporary developed society by driving a vehicle, living in a house, and putting food on the table, however. If you are going to attempt to argue to me that this is just as bad as what these rich people are doing by living in excessive, gargantuan homes while stocking them with exotic cars all at the price of astronomical figures, then let me go ahead and say save your breath.

Making a living and supporting your family is quite different from what these individuals are doing. I am not arguing whether they deserve their possessions, that is not for me to say, however. In my opinion, when one takes into consideration the resources these people are expending on excessive material wealth instead of using their excess resources to help those with nothing at all fails to make sense to me, but maybe that is because I care about others a little too much instead of being consumed with myself and my image.

Who knows, maybe you are right, maybe these individuals have donated their dollars and time to help those in need, In fact, I hope you are right, it would only seem just that they would do such a thing.

Hopefully you understand where I am coming from now.

Zip it Hippie.Go save a f#ckn whale .:kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread