Torch Red 10th: New wheels or no?

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I've been kicking around the idea of some 18" AFS chrome but I'm not too sure what to do. I love my wheels now but I'm not a big fan of the flat black. What do you guys think? Any recommendations?

31070_128655607154504_100000301975233_222350_3334328_n.jpg

31070_128655857154479_100000301975233_222351_2262729_n.jpg

31070_128656123821119_100000301975233_222353_2672099_n.jpg

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
Not to hijack your thread but is that stance with the H&R SS height or is it modified in anyway and what size tires are you running thanks R/ Dan

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
Let me have your rims!

Buy them! :beer:

Not to hijack your thread but is that stance with the H&R SS height or is it modified in anyway and what size tires are you running thanks R/ Dan

No problem, man. H&R SS only with 315s and a 3/8" spacer in the back.

i like it. its very different and creative. :rockon: 2 thumbs up from me

:beer: Thanks. I just like them because it sets it apart but like I said I'm torn lol.

bubbrubb

Thinner pinstripe would look great. I like the look to be honest with you, but I think the stripe is little too thick. Black/red looks perfect on a 10th :pepper:

I'm going to be selling my car this summer, and I don't know if the wheels will be going with it or not yet at this point, but I'll try to remember to PM you when I do if you'd like.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
Thinner pinstripe would look great. I like the look to be honest with you, but I think the stripe is little too thick. Black/red looks perfect on a 10th :pepper:

I'm going to be selling my car this summer, and I don't know if the wheels will be going with it or not yet at this point, but I'll try to remember to PM you when I do if you'd like.

Yeah I think a thinner pin stripe would have been better too but the previous owner did it to his liking. What wheels are you running? TF? I remember seeing pictures but can't remember the exact wheel. All I know is they're sick! :beer:

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
I'm torn on them. 90% of people love them but I'd like to go with some 505a's or Classics. Maybe even some black Chicanes.

:lol: no comparison. CCW a million times over what you have now. But I vote for Chrome AFS 18"s

bubbrubb

Yeah I think a thinner pin stripe would have been better too but the previous owner did it to his liking. What wheels are you running? TF? I remember seeing pictures but can't remember the exact wheel. All I know is they're sick! :beer:
Thanks! Yeah they're 3 piece TF mach 5's. Satin black centers, satin black center caps with snakes etched in them, and polished lips. 18x9.5 & 18x10.5 on 265/35/18 nitto 555s, and 305/35/18 nitto 555RII's (road race). Have had em for less than 6k miles :beer:

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
:lol: no comparison. CCW a million times over what you have now. But I vote for Chrome AFS 18"s

Sam and his love for chrome. :lol1: :beer:

Thanks! Yeah they're 3 piece TF mach 5's. Satin black centers, satin black center caps with snakes etched in them, and polished lips. 18x9.5 & 18x10.5 on 265/35/18 nitto 555s, and 305/35/18 nitto 555RII's (road race). Have had em for less than 6k miles :beer:

Nice! I think I may have to take your setup into consideration if you don't mind lol.

bubbrubb

Sam and his love for chrome. :lol1: :beer:

Nice! I think I may have to take your setup into consideration if you don't mind lol.

hahaha yeah, he loves his chrome reps :burnout:
btw, his name isn't actually Sam - those are his initials. Drawing a blank on his first name at the moment :bash:

My friend that said he is going to buy my car is coming home July 22nd. Talked to him on saturday and he said that he isn't going to be able to put his car up for sale until after he comes home. I'm still debating what to do. I really don't want to sell it out from under him, but I'm also not looking to deal with his selling issues on his car because it's not a guaranteed quick sale, where as I've had a few serious offers to buy my car once the word got out locally (two of which I would accept, just don't want to screw my buddy out of the deal when he's not home). If said friend (Chris) does buy my car, it's without the TF wheels. I'll have a better idea of what's going on with my car sale as time goes on. I'll try to keep you posted :beer:

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
hahaha yeah, he loves his chrome reps :burnout:
btw, his name isn't actually Sam - those are his initials. Drawing a blank on his first name at the moment :bash:

My friend that said he is going to buy my car is coming home July 22nd. Talked to him on saturday and he said that he isn't going to be able to put his car up for sale until after he comes home. I'm still debating what to do. I really don't want to sell it out from under him, but I'm also not looking to deal with his selling issues on his car because it's not a guaranteed quick sale, where as I've had a few serious offers to buy my car once the word got out locally (two of which I would accept, just don't want to screw my buddy out of the deal when he's not home). If said friend (Chris) does buy my car, it's without the TF wheels. I'll have a better idea of what's going on with my car sale as time goes on. I'll try to keep you posted :beer:

I completely understand the whole sale thing. Hopefully your friend can pick it up that way you'll always get to see it. I sold my black 10th in a week on Craigslist. I wasn't going to sell it unless I could get a TR 10th and once I finally found one, I sold it just like that. If your car is nice enough, which we all know it is, the real buyers will find you and pick it up quick. So you have no worries lol.

As for SAM, I had no idea lol. Whatever his first name is, he needs to change it to CHROME lol. :beer:

get the chrome afs 18's.. they look amazing!

You are correct, sir!

Last edited:

bubbrubb

ah, thank you very much. TR10th are rare and (IMO) desirable, so hopefully everything goes smoothly for both of us.

I'm gonna stop cluttering your thread and keep our chat to the PMs now :)

edit: oh yeah! and sam is Scott :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread