6.2L Rator CAI/Dyno Tune Results

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Today, a local customer brought his 6.2L Raptor to us for a CAI install and custom dyno tune.

DSC_1344.jpg

DSC_1349.jpg

DSC_1340.jpg

In stock form, the truck baselined 326 RWHP / 332 RWTQ. After the dyno tune with no other modifications, it made 347 RWHP / 365 RWTQ.

We then installed a CAI and retuned the truck. With this being the only modification, it made 353 RWHP / 370 RWTQ.

In addition to the power increases, our transmission calibration made it feel like an entirely different truck. Shifts were crisp and firm and throttle response was greatly improved!

Stock vs. Livernois Motorsports Custom Dyno Tune

62raptorstkvtune-1.jpg

Stock vs. CAI & Livernois Motorsports Custom Dyno Tune

62raptorstkvcai-1.jpg

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
I wonder how they will do with full exhaust, cams and some port work.

I have a feeling the cam timing is very conservative (truck like) and more aggressive cams could really wake this motor up.

70Maverick

Established Member
Those are great gains. Thanks for posting the results. What I got from them is at this close to stock, a CAI is a waste. I understand 1 more hp is 1 more than you had but I bet that wasn't cheap. Plus if he is going to use it as a Raptor, I wonder about sand all over that exposed filter.
At any rate, thanks for the info and results. Good to know what these put out. Too bad the 6.2 wasn't ready at job1.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Awesome gains! I've never seen one of those trucks before, but they look awesome.

brad7131

The Spocker!
Established Member
I've been trying to figure out what kind of truck I want to get once I get done with basic, and I'm pretty sure that this is it. These trucks are ****ing baaaaad!

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Thanks for the replies! :rockon:

Here's a video

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEioZaL4_9Q&fmt=22"]YouTube- Mark's 2010 6.2L Raptor on the Dyno/Street[/nomedia]

-Rick

Z28

Established Member
It's a truck?:shrug:

+1 Nice gains, I'm sure those things are a blast to drive off-road. If I lived in an area with a lot of trails/dunes that truck would be at the top of my list for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread