Winter Driven Stangs. Come on in.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
So, us unlucky guys/gals have to drive our stangs in the elements. The car that i use during the winter is broke, so here i am.

By the way. The pictures aren't suppose to look amazing. The car is dirty and salty. The pictures just show a winter driven stang in its glory

Please post your winter stangs. Dirty, salty, clean??? It doesn't matter.. its winter.
Summer Time-
2u572b5.jpg

5bsk82.jpg

96hpmp.jpg

2q1xbv4.jpg

28ap88y.jpg

2psmv6x.jpg

Last edited:

WildFifty

Established Member
i don't think you are going to get many replies on this thread. lol everybody here cherishes their life and does not drive a 500hp cobra in icy/snowy conditions. Props to you tho…

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Hell I drove my Cobra one winter when I first moved up to Ohio. It was black but looked like a giant salt lick in some of the pics.

Ima dig and try and find them.

O4COBRA

Established Member
That looks like a bad combination. Just be smart. I don't drive in the snow, so I can't tell you how to drive in it. Just be careful is all I can say...

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
Hell I drove my Cobra one winter when I first moved up to Ohio. It was black but looked like a giant salt lick in some of the pics.

Ima dig and try and find them.

Its something about black mustang paint. It shows SALT much much deeper than any black car i seen. Its nasty!

That looks like a bad combination. Just be smart. I don't drive in the snow, so I can't tell you how to drive in it. Just be careful is all I can say...
Snow tires :rockon: but yes it sucks. I just call off work on bad days. Salt is the danger for me.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I like the idea, I'll have to see if I can dig up some pics of my car buried in snow a couple years ago. It wont be driven in winter anymore though...Germany winters=Impossible lol

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
My 1997 GT/ R.I.P It died on a day just like this. December 19, 2009.
Reason Of Death: Had nothing to do with snow.

leetcopy.jpg

2mgv91w.jpg

woohoo.jpg

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
In the parking lot:
IMG_1792.jpg

Went up to go shooting (still had the lift kit on in this pic):
IMG_0788.jpg

This was taken from inside the Mustang while on a cruise with a car club here:

IMG_1283.jpg

Last edited:

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
Holy damn @ Virtual. How did you make it home? THose look like 315 tires.

fiveohhhstang

Nice pictures. 1 question: Is that a wall of snow? Or just a mountain covered with snow?

Last edited:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member

fiveohhhstang

Nice pictures. 1 question: Is that a wall of snow? Or just a mountain covered with snow?

It's a wall of snow and that was mid-summer. We were at the top of the Beartooth Highway pass. This is the view from the top to give you an idea of where we were:

IMG_1286.jpg

And here is another pic of my car with the winter tires and wheels on:

IMG00647.jpg

Planter

Banned
the 99+ mustangs are easier to drive in the snow because of the traction control.

driving a 500 hp boosted car in the snow is not difficult for the simple reason, if you stay out of boost and in vacuum, you can pretty much get around just as easy as a n/a car.

take it easy and go slow, you'll be fine. used to drive my 00 gt around all the time in the winter snow and ice...only time it really sucked was sitting on an incline in rush hour truck in 7" of unplowed snow...or going up an on ramp to the highway in rush hour traffic! I did that sideways a few times the whole way up the ramp turning the tc on and off till i finally made it.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member

fiveohhhstang

I bought them new in Oct and by the middle of December they were like that. All the spinning killed them.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I feel sorry for all of you guys who have to drive around on salty roads. That must really suck.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
164077_477715456273_715186273_6060324_904831_n.jpg

Well I went to the drag strip on Jan 1st, 2004 for whats called "Hangover Fest" There was no snow anywhere. I broke my lug nut key, so I had to drive home on my slicks. I left the car sitting at my dads house and figured I would deal with it later that week. This is the conditions I had to change tires in a week later.

EDIT: I always stored my 89 for winters, but just took it out for this one track event, because there wasn't any snow nor salt to be found. After the tire changed she went in the garage and stayed there for a couple months.

Last edited:

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
i don't think you are going to get many replies on this thread. lol everybody here cherishes their life and does not drive a 500hp cobra in icy/snowy conditions. Props to you tho…
i think we all cherish our life & our cars some of us have to daily them i D.D`d a 530rwhp 03-cobra vert for 2 yrs until i was forced to buy another d.d.

DSC01102.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

summertime ( of course )

DSC01206-3.jpg

^^^^
2009 before it got H & R super sports & F.T.B.R. kit & PA racing K-member

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread