Coyote 5.0 Cobra replica

bam

Established Member
I was sitting here thinking about how I would build a Cobra replica, and pretty much came up with this exact car. Thanks, Superformance, for reading my mind.
lead-spf-50-roadster.jpg

Coyote Cobra: Superformance MKIII roadster powered by the Mustang's 5.0L V8 [w/video] — Autoblog

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Sounds incredibly exotic. A local guy around here put the lethal off road x on his 5.0 and it doesn't even sound hollow whatsoever. Just sounds like a mean V8 with plenty of motor.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Thats sweet and it sounds good but i'm not sure that i think it sounds THAT good. I've heard better sounding 2v,3v, and 32v 4.6 mod motors.
Oh well, at least it makes great power!

Jefe

Established Member
Price??? I imagine $80k+

Superformance had this at Barrett Jackson:

IMG_2202.jpg

BackDraft also had theirs($53k with the motor):

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
VERY cool car!! I followed the build up of that SPF.

Makes me miss my old SPF Cobra. I still like the looks of the earlier V8 under the hood better too.

2mgwe1c.jpg

475hp Ford Racing 392 CID Stroker
70w30j.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I think it's just cool that they're still able to reinvent this ironic beautiful car in a way so us younger guys might be able to enjoy it one day too. If I ever have the money ill certainly have one of these to go next to my Ford GT ; )

Jefe

Established Member
I have never hied of the back draft. It looks cool. i need to look up more information about them.
BackDraft has been around since 2002. They build their Cobras in South Africa as well. Very good quality and they customize theirs a little more. Plus they dont add $25k to their price tag because of a Shelby signature.

Backdraft Racing - Home of the Backdraft RT3, RT3B, TD and GT Roadsters
I think it's just cool that they're still able to reinvent this ironic beautiful car in a way so us younger guys might be able to enjoy it one day too. If I ever have the money ill certainly have one of these to go next to my Ford GT ; )

I dont know if you have checked the market lately but you can buy an FFR complete car for around $20-30k. Factory Five Racing makes a good kit as well. I believe the stripped version is $10-15k if you want to build it yourself.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Daily disability is the main issue here haha... someday though.

On second thought though, I know the 5.0 GTs get decent mileage so I wonder what its like in the Cobra with all that weight that's shed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread