2011 Mustang GT makes 507rwhp with H/C/I N/A!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
This is not my car.

Stage I JPC CNC heads
Stage I JPC cams
Boss 302 Intake FRPP
JPC long tube headers and off-road X
Bassani Race mufflers
JLT CAI
Diablo Custom JPC Tune
Stock shortblock

Made 480 rwhp Stock Intake
Boss intake 507 rwhp

:rockon:

Edit: Video

[youtube_browser]AdcOqkpKmug[/youtube_browser]

All runs were made on 93 octane pump gas

and here is a baseline bone stock.

mmfp_1009_03_o+2011_ford_mustang_gt+tuning_graph.jpg

Last edited:

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
If you assume a 15% drivetrain loss, thats 596.5 horsepower at the crank. That calculates out to 119.3 horsepower per liter. For reference that 458 Italia makes 124.4 horsepower per liter. By the way that's a motor that utilizes direct injection.

Those numbers are absolutely ridiculous, especially when you take into account the fact that this is a non-DI motor.

Ford knocked this one out of the park. Numbers like that make LSx motors look silly.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
If you assume a 15% drivetrain loss, thats 596.5 horsepower at the crank. That calculates out to 119.3 horsepower per liter. For reference that 458 Italia makes 124.4 horsepower per liter. By the way that's a motor that utilizes direct injection.

Those numbers are absolutely ridiculous, especially when you take into account the fact that this is a non-DI motor.

Ford knocked this one out of the park. Numbers like that make LSx motors look silly.

Silly? I don't think so. The LS3 and Coyote engine make very similar numbers stock and mod for mod.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Silly? I don't think so. The LS3 and Coyote engine make very similar numbers stock and mod for mod.

He was talking about specific output. If all things were equal the coyote would be ahead of the LS3 by quite a bit in the power department.

But, you're right, nothing here is equal. The Coyote may make more specific output than an LSx engine, but the LS series of engines benefits from having much larger cubic inches available in a smaller and lighter weight packaging.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Any comparison here???? What conclusion should we make?
7.2 Liter LS7= 505 Crank.
5.0 Coyote (Modded)= 507 RWHP

7.0 Liter LS7 H/C/I = 590-630rwhp
5.0 Coyote H/C/I = 480-510rwhp

Apples to Apples, the conclusion we should make is 7.0 LS7 > 5.0 GT. It's fairly simple.

Users who are viewing this thread