997 GT3 RS 4.0 litre

6.0GTO

Established Member
Maybe I am missing something. I cannot believe there is not a thread on this car. Searched real quick and found nothing.

Since everyone is all of the sudden hung up on HP/L I guess 125/L is not to shabby for an unmodified showroom engine. 4 liters and 500hp.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXHNJGf3A5k&feature=share"]YouTube - Strict discipline. The new 911 GT3 RS 4.0.[/nomedia]

phil'snotch

Established Member
damn...just wished they would have designed a better rear spoiler that wasn’t so ricey,and wider rear fenders

THE_STIG

Established Member
damn...just wished they would have designed a better rear spoiler that wasn’t so ricey,and wider rear fenders

wenger-facepalm.jpg

DevilSun

Established Member

silvernewedge

Established Member
not impressive at all considering it has a couple turbos. HP/L("specific output") matters in NA engines, but is 100% irrelevent for forced induction engines.
besides that, the NA honduh S2000 was the former NA champ for about a decade at 123HP/L, but the(ugly ass) ferrari 458 just recently beat it at 125HP/L.
that's certainly not saying it's not an impressive engine, but it isn't in terms of HP/L.

it's naturally aspirated. :read:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
not impressive at all considering it has a couple turbos. HP/L("specific output") matters in NA engines, but is 100% irrelevent for forced induction engines.
besides that, the NA honduh S2000 was the former NA champ for about a decade at 123HP/L, but the(ugly ass) ferrari 458 just recently beat it at 125HP/L.
that's certainly not saying it's not an impressive engine, but it isn't in terms of HP/L.

Dude, Please!:dw:

Where are you getting your information from?:shrug:

This thing is every bit as bad ass as the BOSS, except x 10!!
These guys are in a league all their own and have a rich and storied history of building LIGHT CARS that go like stink!

These guys never let up!!!

Now all we need is for Ford to build us a 600 HP, 9500 RPM, N/A, 5.0 Boss that weighs 3200 pounds.
Just dreaming.:-D

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
it's naturally aspirated. :read:
oh fawk, i was positive the OP said GT2! i'm blaiming it on the bailey's irish...

facepalm6.gif

Dude, Please!:dw:

Where are you getting your information from?:shrug:

This thing is every bit as bad ass as the BOSS, except x 10!!
These guys are in a league all their own and have a rich and storied history of building LIGHT CARS that go like stink!

These guys never let up!!!

Now all we need is for Ford to build us a 600 HP, 9500 RPM, N/A, 5.0 Boss that weighs 3200 pounds.
Just dreaming.:-D
wat??? i love porsche, those guys do work! i was just commenting on the HP/L, albeit, in full failure mode(reading comprehension fail).

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
This might be the best driver's car of all time. The 3.8L GT3 RS was already picked over the 458 many times in comparos, this 4.0l might be the cream de la creme. :bowdown:
to Porsche for building the most amazing cars.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member

Do you understand what 911 GT3s, and more specifically, RS models, are all about??

Your comment is the equivalent of someone saying they wished the 00 Cobra R came with drag brakes and not Brembos.

Users who are viewing this thread