2004 Cobra vs. 2010 Nissan GT-R - both Modded - Drag vid in HD

SVTSR

Established Member
What are the mods on both cars..?

Don't know mods the on the Cobra, other than I believe it has a Whipple.

The GTR has stock turbos and the following mods and has gone 10.06 @ 135.67 mph.

ECU: Cobb Accessport with the TCM upgrade AP NIS -006 – Custom Tuned by Jack Cecil of HP logic

INTAKE: Cobb SF intakes

EXHAUST : Kreissieg non-catted Downpipes, HKS resonated Midpipe, HKS Legamax TIG weld Catback

FUEL SYSTEM : ID 1000 cc injectors, HKS Fuel Pumps ( GT 600 kit)

FUEL : e85

rdsnk46

Established Member
The GTR is fast but the owner/driver is not a drag racer to my knowledge, fast forward to 1:18 in this video. We were at a private track rental and he ask me if I wanted to run heads up and naturally I agreed!

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccU1-Az-cDk]YouTube - ‪Shelby Cobra vs Skyline GTR in [HD[/nomedia]

rdsnk46

Established Member
One thing about LC on the GT-R is that there's a inherent delay before it engages. So reaction time is pretty much always slow unless you get very lucky.

It's all in the timing, so you have to have skills to drag race a GTR to win. LC is only good if you can make it work to your advantage. I used my skill with a 6 speed and a street tire, wheels up fun!

M-Phibian

Established Member
It's all in the timing, so you have to have skills to drag race a GTR to win. LC is only good if you can make it work to your advantage. I used my skill with a 6 speed and a street tire, wheels up fun!

Unfortunately, skills don't play into it as the time of the delay isn't consistent. However, getting a decent reaction time with a 6-speed is rather easy, so if that's what's important to someone, the GT-R isn't the best choice.:beer:

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
Unfortunately, skills don't play into it as the time of the delay isn't consistent. However, getting a decent reaction time with a 6-speed is rather easy, so if that's what's important to someone, the GT-R isn't the best choice.:beer:

A good reaction time will net a win over a faster opponent, drag racing is what is the topic here. I guess he either needs some LC tuning so the reaction time can be timed or hope you got enough on the long end to win. The GT-R didn't have enough on either races, like I said before the car is fast and he drag races it frequently here at our local track.

I belive he told me that at the time we spoke it was the fastest bolt on GT-R in the U.S. and so was my GT500 at 10.01/141 mph. Good guy but he leaves alot on the table waiting for the LC to function......

jcveron

Established Member
One thing about LC on the GT-R is that there's a inherent delay before it engages. So reaction time is pretty much always slow unless you get very lucky.

any vids of your 1100 awhp gt-r i bet that thing is a monster!!! :beer:

96supersnake

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread