555 horsepower 2011 BMW X5M at drag strip - could be a bracket racer

mr2cam

Established Member
If the guy could cut a light he could be a bracket racer..

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My old stock '03 Mercedes S600 was a great stealth bracket racer. Boring silver 4-door which would run consistent 12.42-12.46 @ 116. I expect new new 580hp S63 will be the same sort of thing.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Isn't this the same Suv that Top Gear couldn't get up the grassy hill, but the Rover simply drove past it and up the hill?

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Makes me wonder what it'd run on a nice 55-60 degree evening if it ran that when it was in the 80's and humid.

Also,1.80 and 1.78 60ft times for a stock how many lb SUV? Damn...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How would you like the be the Camaro driver that just got beat by a SUV?

Either way, awesome ride. There is a BMW dealer across from mine and I see those every now and again, very nice rides.

And the Camaro got beat by .6. That's pretty substantial. Gotta love AWD. Both launched at about the same time but the BMW hooked much better and was gone. Camaro just couldn't catch him.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I've always loved the X5M. Too bad Jeep dropped the ball on the new SRT8 and can't compete with these monsters.

cmsnake

Established Member
These things weigh over 5000lbs and run high 12's right out of the box. Tons of potential with the turbo set-up as well. Badass if you ask me.

99cobra302

Established Member
Isn't this the same Suv that Top Gear couldn't get up the grassy hill, but the Rover simply drove past it and up the hill?

i believe that was the regular X6, the problem is was tires, the x6 has a performance tire that just slides on grass where the Rover had a more all-terrain tire.

im not sure why they didnt make this clear on the show, or why more people dont realize that wide performance tires make for shitty grip on smooth wet grass.

mr2cam

Established Member
Iif you noticed on the run with the bad light, there was no one in the other lane. Just going for et, not worrying about the light.

Both lights looked slow, the first one was very bad though.

Users who are viewing this thread