Dallas vs. Houston - A new type of racing

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
This past weekend I was asked to cover a new type of racing event, held near Dallas, TX. Only the fastest cars from Texas and Oklahoma were invited, for a balls-to-the-wall competition composed of a dyno contest, hosted by Dallas Performance, and drag race showdown at a nearby airfield. Unfortunately Dallas won the event, but the King of the Street title went to an Austin car owned by SW. The event was organized by TexasSpeedSyndicate.com and DallasRacing.net, with help from the following sponsors: Dallas Performance, Late Model Racecraft, Servelite Solutions, RSI, Boostlogic, Mama Mia Pizzeria, Delta Bail Bonds, Advanced Diesel, Phoenix Insurance, and Dynosaur Performance

Enjoy the photos.

i-jP74jGb-L.jpg

i-P2kLWCT-L.jpg

i-FsfHWKM-L.jpg

i-GP3fmTd-L.jpg

i-ZWZfwWb-L.jpg

i-TWTsTQg-L.jpg

i-K4MwZxv-L.jpg

i-qF9mnjD-L.jpg

i-Nqg5vvc-L.jpg

i-bMH4Hq2-L.jpg

i-CMh8QxT-L.jpg

i-d6zB6CN-L.jpg

i-BGghjPL-L.jpg

Full gallery is located here.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Very cool!

Is this your new gig?

One of. I'd like to get back out to open track events, but my schedule is always so booked. I think I'm going to stick to hobby shooting, its a lot more fun that way.

01svtL

Established Member
Any idea if the red Z had a built motor, procharger and nitrous?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Before anyone asks....the silver one is mine, and i got WORKED!
"fast" was an understatement at this event!

IMG9507c-1-M.jpg

IMG9596-M.jpg

IMG9762-M.jpg

Last edited:

Malu59RT

slow
Established Member
fixed it for you :beer:

No offense, but we haven't seen you race anyone from around here on the street, let alone keep up with a TT 1200+awhp Gallardo. I'm not one of the big trash talkers, so don't take it that way, but if you were putting it down on the street, I would have personally made sure you were in attendance.

xr_1

Established Member
No offense, but we haven't seen you race anyone from around here on the street, let alone keep up with a TT 1200+awhp Gallardo. I'm not one of the big trash talkers, so don't take it that way, but if you were putting it down on the street, I would have personally made sure you were in attendance.

No offense taken, I was just giving OP a hard time.
I never raced anyone from DR but I would have no problem running down TT Gallardo
Also, my car is down for a little upgrade.
You'll see it soon :beer:

By the way bad ass event!

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
That 1420hp Supra needed to turn the boost down in those runs, he was spinning in all of them lol

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

Hey, I didn't know you lurked these parts! :poke:

No offense taken, I was just giving OP a hard time.
I never raced anyone from DR but I would have no problem running down TT Gallardo
Also, my car is down for a little upgrade.
You'll see it soon :beer:

By the way bad ass event!

This will be a yearly event at least, and the invite list will expand if you're worthy! :beer:

Sick event! So which SW car won?

The orange Underground TTG. LMR's TTG was giving him a good run until the clutch gave out.

Users who are viewing this thread