some pics of my C6 Z06 w/ new True Forged Wheels!

20psirabbit

Established Member
I just wanted to share some pics of my C6 Z06 with my new True Forged Competition wheels that I recently put on.
It's an '06 Z in Machine Silver.
The wheels are the new Competition, 3 piece, 18x10 front and 19x12.5 rear. Brushed and cleared centers with chrome lips, machined pockets in the mounting pads of the wheels for a little extra lightening :)
The tires are Nitto NT-05 275/35-18 front and 335/30-19 rear.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_00531.jpg

They turned out amazing, Steve honestly couldn't have been more of a pleasure to deal with, my hat's off to him :bowdown:

Last edited:

REPCobra10

Established Member
On another note, how are the Nitto NT05 tires? I was going to go with them, but I was worried about wet performance being that I live in Florida, so I went with the Nitto Invos. Reviews?

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
AWESOME CAR!!! But I like the stock wheels :sorry:

venomws6

Established Member
Looks great just slam it !!! :rockon:
Why didnt you go with 345/30/19 NT05-R?? I have them with 19×12 fits perfect and great traction.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
On another note, how are the Nitto NT05 tires? I was going to go with them, but I was worried about wet performance being that I live in Florida, so I went with the Nitto Invos. Reviews?

NT05's and Invo's are awesome except for treadwear..... I prefer Invo's on a DD though.

20psirabbit

Established Member
Looks killer! Get some tire shine!
Yeah, unfortunately I was in a race against time to beat the sun going down, totally missed the tire shine :(

I haven't had a chance to get on them too much as it's been 30-40 degrees here lately. But the other night I rolled aggressively into first and grabbed second and the car didn't even spin a little so I'm happy with that. The stock tires were scary at best traction-wise, loud, and rode rough due to being runflats. I'm super happy with these NT-05s so far, I also had them on my '03 Cobra vert and loved them too. I felt like they were almost as good as 555Rs without hearing every pebble underneath my car and without the road noise. I'm a huge fan of these tires :)

Green Valley Ranch?
It was the roof of the parking garage at Fiesta in Henderson I believe. I was out there for a couple days vising my friend that lives there, next time I'm hoping to not be in such a race for time and try to get some strip pics :banana:

Looks great just slam it !!! :rockon:
Why didnt you go with 345/30/19 NT05-R?? I have them with 19×12 fits perfect and great traction.
haha, I'm thinking about whether I want to lower it or not. I like the look of dropped cars but I really like not having to be scared of every little thing in the road. I also really like having full suspension travel :D So we'll see.

As far as the NT-05Rs, I've heard of 3-4k life spans out of them which is what swayed me away from them. I'm thinking of tossing a set on the stock wheels for track/Mexico sessions, but I didn't really want to deal with them on these wheels. I'd like to try them just to see how nasty this car feels with first gear all hooked up! :rockon:

Thanks for all the compliments everyone :)

Brandon619

Established Member
Beautiful car! I loved my C6 the best vette yet by far! Road race car that can hang with 90% of cars on the road!

Last edited:

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Great looking car man but I just personally don't think wheels do it for me. Guess I'm use to seeing less actually wheel ( more of spoked like the factory wheels) But get some tire shine on those tires as someone mentioned. Congrats man! :beer:

AWDLS2

Established Member
looks awesome man, and you will love the NT05R's if you get a set for other wheels. I dont know your mods but my car almost dead hooks anywhere above 20+ just a slight slip but no big deal specially since its winter time

Users who are viewing this thread