Weldcraft Wheels narrowed Saleens

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Got my wheels back from Weldcraftwheels.com today.
Narrowed from 9inch to 6inch.

Also got my new 205-40-18 tires for them!

Will have them mounted this weekend!

Ryan

What'cha think about my new front runners?? :D

100_8446.jpg

100_8451.jpg

100_8450.jpg

100_8454.jpg

100_8457.jpg

100_8456.jpg

markw351

Established Member
Very cool! Funny i was just thinking about this the other day. My stock fronts on the cobra were narrowed and looked really cool but i wanted 18s. So I was thinking the other day what size tires would i run if i ran narrowed 18. Looking forward to seeing yours once there one.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Just checked the welds for stress cracks with my x-ray app software. Sorry to say I found 4 micro fractures. Keep your top end speed to 90 mph at the track !!

JK:-D

Came out great, good solution :rockon:

NateV8

Established Member
Nice! I was thinking about going with a 18x6" and that tire but wasn't sure how that size tire would look so I went with 18x4.5 and 185/50/18s instead.

Roush9703

Established Member
Exactly what I'm planning to do with my Roush wheels. I don't plan on ever running slicks again, only 18" dr's so this will be ideal for a street/ track wheel. Was that your idea behind it also?

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Still heavy for front runners. :shrug:

Yes they are still heavy, but that's the price you have to pay to keep a "stock" look.

Exactly what I'm planning to do with my Roush wheels. I don't plan on ever running slicks again, only 18" dr's so this will be ideal for a street/ track wheel. Was that your idea behind it also?

Exactly. Wanted a "stock" look and only plan to run my 305-35-18 M/T drag radials on the rears (10" stock).

are those reps? I've heard they reject a lot of reps.

Nope. Genuine Saleen wheels. No run-out problems! James @ Weldcraft told me the same things about most Reps they get in.

Thanks guys.
Ryan

flattrack53

Established Member
Looks awesome!! I had weldcraft do a set of stock wheels for my cobra r. Except I widened mine! That was a good idea with the narrowed saleens. Can't wait to see what they look like on the car!

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Looks great OP. Just got a set of TFs and thinking about sending them my Saleen fronts too. I run a 305 DR and wouldn't mind the skinny up front.

jfsram

Established Member
Any thoughts on checking the rim runout. That would be my only concern after cutting a perfectly good rim and welding it back together.

You do not even need a dial indicator to measure. Just mount the tireless rim onto the car and spin them. Lay something up beside the bead and check the trueness.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Tight...

That would aslo be a sick idea to replace the spare tire with an actual rim you can keep in the trunk

Users who are viewing this thread