Anyone complaining about too much snow, or not enough snow? Check out this photo!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I got this photo from a friend who lives up in Valdez, Alaska. It was taken in late December I believe. A record was set for that month of 152.2" in Valdez. That's 12.7 feet!

DeepSnow.jpg

mdamman003

Established Member
that picture has been passed around the internets for years...I remember seeing it a while ago...but yes, that snow is absurd

Deric

Established Member
Thats either the tallest blade on a plow truck ever, or a magic snow-eating blower, or photoshop... hmmm

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Isn't that a photo of Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine route?

So you think you have snow? « Why Evolution Is True

All the photos I checked of the Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine road have a solid yellow line. This road has a broken white line. However, after browsing through a bunch of 'Valdez, AK Snow Removal' Google photos my eye spotted this very same photo. Followed the link to a truck forum and sure enough, it isn't Valdez, AK. It is actually from the Honshu Alps in Japan. Apparently a link to a Valdez, AK snow accumulation page showed this photo and viewers assumed it was Valdez. My buddy will be getting an email tonight. LOL!

Now, to redeem this thread, here are some REAL photos of Valdez, AK snowfall I found. Valdez is called the snow capital of the United States. It has an average seasonal snowfall of 33 feet. Up until the middle of January, Valdez had gotten just under 30 feet of snow. I will NEVER complain again about Connecticut snowfall.

Valdez1.jpg

Valdez2.jpg

Valdez3.jpg

Valdez4.jpg

Valdez5.jpg

Valdez6.jpg

Valdez7.jpg

Valdez8.jpg

Valdez9.jpg

Grimster

Established Member
ya that picture is an oldie. But that place in Alaska did get some crrraaazzzyy snow this year. Several youtube videos are up documenting how much they got. It's definitely something they can keep up there. I wouldn't any of that :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread