What an Assault Rifle is and is not

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Thanks for sharing..... I'm about fed up trying to explain to my left wing friends what an assault weapon is. They just don't get it. This video should help!!

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Good vid. Wish that could be aired on all the major networks to educate not only the public but the media as well.

Thanks for sharing..... I'm about fed up trying to explain to my left wing friends what an assault weapon is. They just don't get it. This video should help!!

agreed to both!

i loved at the end when he disassembled a "hunting rifle" and assembled an "assault rifle" out of the same action. really drives home the point.

Rick88LX

Established Member

Unfortunately when an emotionally-charged event takes place, folks seem to immediately form an opinion whether it's based on "facts" or not. And most aren't willing to watch an 11 minute video like this one...but they'll watch bull$hit media coverage for hours that is littered with inaccuracies/false reports.

Those of us who legally own firearms and use them for their intended purpose, know there is nothing to fear when it comes to handling ANY weapon.

Thanks for sharing O.P.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
I am an educated, registered gun owner and have been around guns since I was very young. My family has many hunters in it, but I will say plain and simple, a gun is an invention meant for destruction and only creates a feeling of power over others (whether it be animals, a shooting target or for crime/safety). A gun discharges a metal object at a speed that is meant to puncture flesh or objects and is meant to destroy, kill and or stop that object regardless of the emotion behind the trigger (I.e. happiness through sport, power, anger or safety). The world we live in is creating a massive imbalance in human emotion that is rippling in countless ways. Human to human interaction and chemistry is like a lock with a billion different types of combinations.

I wrote an incredible thesis on Gun Control in college, having to take the stance opposite of my own personal view, which at the time was who cares about guns, we shouldn't even have them present in an educated society. My paper was then to cover why guns should be allowed in society and during my research I found many cases where crime, homicides and rapes declined. However, no one needs a semi or fully automatic rifle. You want to shoot something of this caliber go join the military or go to a regulated range. No one needs to own one of these guns in their own home, I do not care what your excuse is. Hell why not just go get a rocket launcher and make America like the Middle East. Lets get smarter people and evolve as a race to create a more sustainable and pleasurable society.

The content we feed our minds with violent video games, access to weaponry and the speed at which communication and social networking are effecting our minds and society is alarming. Content absolutely effects perception and empathy and when you feel like people are against you you run to protect yourself creating an even more disconnected society of fear. Some make the case that if government rose against the people the people could protect themselves with arms or for you doomsday preppers, should Armageddon happen (I.e. massive earthquake, asteroid or volcanic eruption) we believe guns will protect "our keep" among a rioting society rushing to stack supplies when we are sent into a primal environment of survival. Let's get real... We are the only animal on this planet that can create such amazing things like computing technology allowing us to see things across the world or access information in seconds and when you access the information available to us you find that we have so many other issues in this world.

- Resources vs. Corporations destroying the earth we live on for profits.
- Population Control (I don't care what you think about your personal rights, if you only have food for 1 person, but have 10 people to feed watch what happens to our humanity when that scenario presents itself). Population control also presents the need for a more sexually educated society and training to instill this kind of intelligence in our youth. People need to get more realistic about how we create a balanced society.
- Alcohol - I'm not trying to tell people not to drink, rather to more clearly understand what you are putting in your body and how it effects you and others. Alcohol is poison marketed to you so you can go get laid because you aren't confident enough to get it done sober, or to do something stupid that creates friendships or memorable times with others (this is half if not all of the marketing pushed to us), then we have idiots drive down the street and kill a family in a van, or beat their wife, or shoot someone who angers them. We do not needs guns in such a substance abused society so people can lose their empathy and smarts.

In a nation where education continues to decline and more unintelligent people continue to think that they need to arm themselves to be safe, I have to believe that we are heading in the wrong direction, long term. A world filled with guns does not instill a feeling of safety for our children and only empowers those who have guns to use them when they feel dramatic human emotion toward people or life. Having seen the trends in the world (class warfare, racism, boarder protection, cheating, bullying, unemployment, etc...) I mentioned a while back to some close friends that I believe we would sadly enough see more shootings and suicides as a result. Unfortunately, we have seen just that over the past year. More children bullied in a competitive dog eat dog world, more people feeling lost because they are not able to achieve or are unable to provide (strong human emotion in men), more people feeling anger toward their significant others because of immoral actions (cheating, etc..). Too many people and not enough resources (which are being used at an alarming rate). Humans are becoming viruses to themselves (mind and body), each other and the earth.

We need to get smart and unify this society to transcendence, unless our minds can only think at the limit of our own lifetime. Or we can just build an arsenal, bury our gold and live in a siloed society of self-sustainable independence in the woods until we pass. I am not writing this to say we should ban guns or allow guns, rather I feel like there is a balance in the middle that we should agree to and demand as a society for a calmer more sustainable way of life. Unfortunately, telling people the difference between guns doesn't change the fact that they shoot bullets regardless. There does need to be some sort of regulation put in place when someone, anyone can go into a school and shoot adults and small children. The initial human reaction is unfortunately arm ourselves, anger... But in the end we should take a long hard look at what we are doing to help teach our children about bullying, respect, say please and thank you more, how to add to a productive world while teaching them to use the strongest weapon they have.... their brains.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread