Twin Turbo Coyote - 1266 RWHP 1058 RWTQ

KenB

Established Member
Just got some initial tuning done on the new setup featuring a prototype Coyote block (stronger) from FRPP. Very happy with the results. Car will be at the NMRA Bradenton Race next week. If you are there, stop by and say hello.

[youtube_browser]T9PJT1dDr-s[/youtube_browser]

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Can we get some more info Ken, What boost and fuel was this on. Very impressive, cant wait to see it at NMRA

KenB

Established Member
Can we get some more info Ken, What boost and fuel was this on. Very impressive, cant wait to see it at NMRA

30 psi. Really have to pour the boost in with the stock heads and cams. Plus remember this is through an auto so the power should be a decent amount higher with a manual car in this same configuration. Converter was slipping pretty bad. But dyno numbers are really not all that important, the track will tell the real story.

Lots of big power claims on these coyotes but not many that back up the numbers they put down. For reference, we went 155 MPH at almost 4,000 lbs with 1109 rwhp. So we should be able to get it to go 160+ if we can keep the transmission and all the other stock parts (rear end etc) happy.

KenB

Established Member

Missed the other part of your question. E85 from the pump, no fancy lab E85 fuel here. lol

Also, this was with an unmodified Boss intake. So much for it not being able to handle boost. ;)

black5.0

Established Member
Is that still the stock trans with a converter? Is anything done to the rear end as far as beefing it up? Awesome numbers :beer:

KenB

Established Member
Is that still the stock trans with a converter? Is anything done to the rear end as far as beefing it up? Awesome numbers :beer:

It's the trans that came with the car but was redone by Circle D. Just some heavy duty clutches for the most part.

The rear has axles and 9" ends but the stock diff and rear end gear (3.15)

KenB

Established Member
Unbelievable... Will this car be going to TX2K13?

No, I'd like to but we are way too busy getting the kit ready for release.

I'd like to go next year with this car and my 2005 3V which will have the same kit on it. Working on that now.

IMG_20120828_120606.jpg

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
No, I'd like to but we are way too busy getting the kit ready for release.

I'd like to go next year with this car and my 2005 3V which will have the same kit on it. Working on that now.

IMG_20120828_120606.jpg

Sucks to hear... Looks badass!

Users who are viewing this thread