Picked up a c5z

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Well, I sold my terminator back in March and couldn't stand not having a toy any longer. Picked this up on Thursday night.

2001 corvette z06
58k miles
Long tube headers
Borla catback
Vararam intake

4ehyqeda.jpg
5azynu4u.jpg

IMG_6700_zpsb8c62bf3.jpg

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
It looks good, but the base model C6 wheels don't fit. Did it come with the original wheels?

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Nice car, really like these. How is it compared to your Cobra?

Well my pullied cobra feels a little bit faster, but overall I think I like the z better.
The main thing I like better about the cobra is the seats... I'm not a fan of the c5z seats.

It looks good, but the base model C6 wheels don't fit. Did it come with the original wheels?
I agree 100%. They will be coming off soon. Unfortunately it didn't come with the stock wheels...

Last edited:

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Well my pullied cobra feels a little bit faster, but overall I think I like the z better.
The main thing I like better about the cobra is the seats... I'm not a fan of the c5z seats.

I agree 100%. They will be coming off soon. Unfortunately it didn't come with the stock wheels...

C5 seats suck. I've seen a few guys put Viper seats in though. If you go for stock wheels, try to get '01 specific wheels. They are lighter than the wheels that came on '02-'04. Of course there are plenty of other options as well. CCW, iForged, True Forged, Fikse, etc...

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
C5 seats suck. I've seen a few guys put Viper seats in though. If you go for stock wheels, try to get '01 specific wheels. They are lighter than the wheels that came on '02-'04. Of course there are plenty of other options as well. CCW, iForged, True Forged, Fikse, etc...

I was thinking tsw nurburgring wheels. And I definitely want an aftermarket set of seats.

c5z is on my my list of "must have" cars. id even settle for an frc like the white one that was posted on here recently.
Yea, they are awesome cars.. Except for the seats lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice looking Z06. Congratulations! I'll bet it sounds really good with the long tubes. :)

chad95

Established Member
Nice Pick up just picked the one In my sig up a couple weeks ago! Put a good cam in that car and your pull pullied cobras all day!

makevelie187

Established Member
reds the fastest color :), i call it arrest me red but Torch red works to. I remember the day i picked up my c5z (5 years ago) and i still love it every day i drive it just as much if not more than when i first drove it and i don't ever plan on selling it. Have fun modding it!

nidyanazo

///AMG &Ducati aficionado
Established Member
Nice. Looks nice and clean, just fix those seats by re-dying the leather and you're all set.
I did that on a pair of leather seats, and you can't even tell the difference now. They look brand-new again it's unbelievable what some leather dye will do for you

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Yikes on the wheels, but I saw you have plans to change them. Congrats in the new ride, C5Z's are badass!

Users who are viewing this thread