Nissan Skyline with heat sensitive paint job.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
You know what would be interesting? If they could paint a flame pattern on the hood in that paint. So that as you're driving, and the engine heats up and the hood gets warm, the flames would show up. And when the engine is off, and it cools down, the flames disappear. That would be pretty cool. Flames, or any other pattern or image you wanted, like, in this case, since it's a GTR, you could have a skull and cross bones chewing up a Corvette.

JBird_Cobra

Established Member
That's an awesome concept... I don't like the execution on the Skyline but you could do some crazy schemes!

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
That's dope. Real potential for customization depending on if you can pick which colors the paint will switch to

Blakonblak94

Wishin it was SVT
Established Member
You know what would be interesting? If they could paint a flame pattern on the hood in that paint. So that as you're driving, and the engine heats up and the hood gets warm, the flames would show up. And when the engine is off, and it cools down, the flames disappear. That would be pretty cool. Flames, or any other pattern or image you wanted, like, in this case, since it's a GTR, you could have a skull and cross bones chewing up a Corvette.

Jim, I like the idea. You lay whatever base coat you want, I.e. skull and crossbones chewing up a vette, or stripes. Then lay down the thermo paint, and once it hits 86° it turns clear and shows the bottom layer. At night/winter you have an all black car, and during the day on a warm one you have a performance white car. Pretty awesome.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
If I had this my friends would draw all sorts of thermo-painted penies. I'll pass

Users who are viewing this thread