2007 GT500 vs 2010 Camaro SS (2nd Kill)

04YellowGT

Established Member
Well I had the Shelby out today and ended up playing with a Black SS Camaro. This time I ended up trying to get him to play which he did. We lined up from about 30 mph he honked it off and took it up to about 120. We only did it once and I got him by about 4 cars, pulled consistently all the way to 120. I was pretty happy with the Shelby I had a little tire spin in second and chirped third. Couldn’t find out if it was an auto or stick because after the race he wouldn't pull back up beside me so I guess he was pissed. I threw him a wave and went on my way.

This is the second SS I've raced; the first was in my GT. I live in shitty IN and I've ran in to two SS so they are definitely out there. :beer:

StangJason

Established Member
nice kill...I'm surprised he hung to 4 cars but then again this wasn't a real race but a roll race.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Sounds like a fun run OP, good that you caught one that wanted to play, I havn't been so luckly yet...what are your mods on the Shelby so far???

04YellowGT

Established Member
Sounds like a fun run OP, good that you caught one that wanted to play, I havn't been so luckly yet...what are your mods on the Shelby so far???

Bone stock.... want to throw at least a filter and tune on her this summer though.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
I'll play devil's advocate like the guys do in all of the new 2010 Camaro threads.....

I'm not impressed with the GT500....:bored:

LMFAO good kill on an easy target....:beer::burnout:

Last edited:

Z28_06374

Established Member
Stock sucks...I want to see what a new camaro with some boltons and a cam can do.

Sike!

Established Member
The GT500 stock aint that fast. With a intake and tune they move but stock they suck. So if he got beat by 4 cars thats not good for the camaro i hope it was the L99 and not the LS3. In road and track mag they say the camaro runs 13.0 at 111.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
The GT500 stock aint that fast. With a intake and tune they move but stock they suck. So if he got beat by 4 cars thats not good for the camaro i hope it was the L99 and not the LS3. In road and track mag they say the camaro runs 13.0 at 111.

Are you kidding? The GT500 has over 75 hp and over 100lbs on the new camaro SS stock.

The GT500 runs mid to low 12's stock.

SpdPilot

Established Member
Are you kidding? The GT500 has over 75 hp and over 100lbs on the new camaro SS stock.

The GT500 runs mid to low 12's stock.

uhhhh.... Your drag times are the exception, not the norm. Most average people are high 12's to low 13's. The suspension mostly stops it from doing better times.

75hp on paper means little in the real world. It's how the car puts the power to ground.

Do you know how many car lengths in drag race there is between a 12.8 run and a 13.5 run?

So, no I don't think he was kidding. and it sounds about right.

ellis4

Established Member
Good kill OP!!

I can't wait to get back to the states and hurt some new camaro's feelings :)

I'm gonna be hurtin them really bad when I get my whipple.

04YellowGT

Established Member
Nice run. :thumbsup: Did you win against the other 2010 Camaro in your GT?

Yea I beat him pretty bad. It was a red/orange SS 6spd. He jumped me by about 1-2 cars and I still pulled him 5+ cars from 60 to about 120. He was a cool guy though, I talked to him afterwards and he said he had some mods planned for it.

Z28_06374

Established Member
uhhhh.... Your drag times are the exception, not the norm. Most average people are high 12's to low 13's. The suspension mostly stops it from doing better times.

I've seen 3 gt500's with nothing but drag radials run mid 12's @114.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Yea I beat him pretty bad. It was a red/orange SS 6spd. He jumped me by about 1-2 cars and I still pulled him 5+ cars from 60 to about 120. He was a cool guy though, I talked to him afterwards and he said he had some mods planned for it.

So you put 5+ cars on him from 60-120? That doesn't sound right. :dw:

I'm not sure you could even pull a stock ls1 camaro like that :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread