C6Z06 vs. Pullied 03 Cobra

AaronK

Established Member
It’s been a while since I’ve posted in this section; mainly because my car has been down for a while. I just got it back up and running not too long ago and went out to a local meet. My license plate reads “Z06 LOL” even though right now I’m only putting down 480rwhp 470rwtq (mods in sig). I got the plates just to stir the pot a little. I guess it worked because one C6Z didn’t like it too much and wanted to run. I had ran one before when I was putting down 441/431 and it was close but I was eager to see how my new motor would do against one.

I wanted to go from a dig and he wanted a 55mph roll. So we went out and did a roll-race (definitely not my favorite) and I honked three times. In second we were door to door, third I started pulling (not much at all, maybe a fender length) and fourth I stayed barely ahead of him. I shut it down at 120 and he kept going. It was a VERY close race. I tried to get another run but he wouldn’t line up again for another run.

We came to a stop light at the exit from the highway and I asked why he didn’t want to run again. He said “let’s go right here.” I was more than happy to run from a dig. We both spun a little and I ended up putting about a car length on him.

We got back to the meet and the guy was less than cool (to say the least). With plenty of witnesses watching the race and the outcome of the races, he claimed he beat me. I admitted to him that it was very close and that’s why I tried to run him again from a roll. He said, “No, we’re only racing once and you got beat!” I couldn’t stop laughing. I thought this guy was cool but then he pulls this bullshit? I told him if he’s so confident he won, lets go out again and I’ll have someone record it. He declined and said it was time for him to go home. I have never seen this level of immaturity from such an older adult. The conversation kept up for a few minutes with no real resolution. He was saying he won by a mile and I was wondering how he figured that he won when I was ahead? Maybe he wanted to go to 180mph? I told him I was only racing to the top of 4th but I guess he didn’t like that too much. I will not race in 5th and 6th gear.

This being a stock C6Z06 I think it was a pretty good race. I wasn’t expecting to win, I was just trying to see how close I’d be to one of them.

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
good kill. there are a lot of ppl around where i'm from that are like that. don't want to admit to a loss. what all did you have done with the T-56?

StangJason

Established Member
Now you see what we have to put up with on this forum all of the time. Well you should have known this dude was a tool when he wanted to roll race from 55mph :kaboom:when their was no reason not to go from a dig.

Nice Kill:-D

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
good kill.....for some reason or another, corvette owners always act like this, atleast the ones ive beaten and talked to.

AaronK

Established Member
good kill. there are a lot of ppl around where i'm from that are like that. don't want to admit to a loss. what all did you have done with the T-56?

T-56 has 26 spline input shaft, billet keys, new steel shift forks, hardened main shaft, and brass syncros (I think they were brass, may have been something else though)

good kill.....for some reason or another, corvette owners always act like this, atleast the ones ive beaten and talked to.

I wouldn't say all of them act like that, I have quite a few friends that have vetts/Z06s and they are pretty cool guys. For some reason this guy got his feelings hurt that my upper pulley only cobra was such a close race for him. I've met ricers with more class than this guy. It was kind of sad. Some people just can't lose.

Devil_Z

Established Member
lol probably mad he lost to someone with a "z06 lol" plate. Good kill though.

I thought it would be funny to get a snketr plate or something, but I like the one I'm waiting on more. :beer:

Digital

Established Member
lol probably mad he lost to someone with a "z06 lol" plate. Good kill though.

I thought it would be funny to get a snketr plate or something, but I like the one I'm waiting on more. :beer:

Good kill. Custom plates are asking for trouble since people remember them a lot easier, like the police.

Devil_Z

Established Member
Good kill. Custom plates are asking for trouble since people remember them a lot easier, like the police.
Yeah thats true. I got mine just because my friend who also has a z06 whom i drive around with alot has a plate that says ANGRY Z so mine says DEV1L Z :beer:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
nice race, but 120 is when that Z was just gettin going, he was still in 3rd gear. very typical to see cobras shut it down around 120mph and claim victory. your best bet is to go from a dig everytime, which is where your car will shine as long as you can launch (1.6-1.7 60ft). regardless, glad to hear you were out racing....

Blaine

Established Member
I think you hurt his ego. :whine:

The tards that demand a 50 mph roll race annoy me. :lol: I would of turned him down, but good kill regardless. "But but... I would of won if we raced to 300 MPH!!" Please. 1/4 mile races are from 0-140 or so depending on the power.. not from 0-30000 mph. I can care less if a car can beat me from 150-200... ..idiots... asking to die. Ever see a Z06 wreck at 140+? Lets just say you don't walk away in one piece.

castrovalleycrash.jpg

The red smear was the driver.

"The impact of the crash splintered the car into several pieces, according to CHP Officer Steve Creel.

Authorities believe the Corvette had been racing another car in another direction on the road sometime before the crash, but investigators had not determined yet whether the Corvette was still racing at the time Wright lost control.

Creel said officers were still trying to locate the other car, a 2004 BMW M3, and determine if it had any involvement in the crash."

Heres another one..

highcorvette_20080120_002.jpg

I summary... HIGH SPEED RACES ARE STUPID. Any wreck without a roll cage over 140+... your dead.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I summary... HIGH SPEED RACES ARE STUPID. Any wreck without a roll cage over 140+... your dead.

Any racing on the street you risk killing yourself and/or others. Its a chance we all take. A wreck at 100mph vs 140mph isn't going to make a difference. If you want to keep it safe the only place you can is at the track.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Not to rain on your parade, but if your only putting down 480, then that guy is a terrible driver. c6z's typically dyno anywhere from 435 to 450 bone stock....then you take weight into consideration, then in theory, should have won. With just a cam and full exhaust, they are laying down around 560.

Good call on not racing in 5th or 6th...i'm sure he just got his ego bruised. Good Kill all things considered.

jasil

Established Member
Theory doesn't win races.

Very true, I'm one of those theory people though. If the car wasn't driven to it's potential and I win that doesn't do much for me.

480whp Cobra could be a good match for a stock Z06 though. My car only dynoed 420-429whp stock 3 pulls in 80 degree heat.

AaronK

Established Member
Not to rain on your parade, but if your only putting down 480, then that guy is a terrible driver. c6z's typically dyno anywhere from 435 to 450 bone stock....then you take weight into consideration, then in theory, should have won. With just a cam and full exhaust, they are laying down around 560.

Good call on not racing in 5th or 6th...i'm sure he just got his ego bruised. Good Kill all things considered.

Ya know, I keep hearing that and I've seen the vast majority say that it'll take 100rwhp more than whatever the C6Z has in order to beat them. This is only the second C6Z I've ran from a roll and the results were similar both times. The only difference this time is that I had 480hp instead of 441hp. I've ran a couple from a dig and I've won both times.

Please don't concern yourself with peak hp numbers... they don't win races. Things to consider are power to weight ratio, power under the curve, traction, gearing, etc... and as much as I didn't like the guy's attitude, he was a decent driver. He shifted pretty quick.

Here's a video from a while back when I was at 441/431. I was racing a heads/cam/intake and longtubes C6... I barely won at the top of fourth.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCjRkpD02Tg"]YouTube - cobra vs vette[/ame]

^^^ !!!!THIS IS NOT THE RACE WITH THE C6Z06 IN MY ORIGINAL POST!!!!!

Theory doesn't win races.

Thank you! :beer:

Last edited:

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
BTW, don't take it that I don't believe you....I do..I totally agree with you on power #'s under the curve and power to weight ratio..but that's where the z0 should shine. How much does your car weigh? Also, was the video you posted of an 08+ LS3? I was in Mexico racing a friend's LS3 with full exhaust, ported intake etc (no H/C)..i was on a lower boost lvl tune so probably putting down in the neighborhood of 59x due to the lower boost and 95+ heat and he instantly pulled 1.5 cars on me (obviously I don't have the insta torque that you do), but needless to say, they aren't slow. I made that back and then pulled him a car and half before shutting down around 130, but at that point i was starting to pull away hard (but that should be expected)...his car weighed 3250'ish with him in it and he dyno'd @430. He's getting a cam down now and should be making around 480 plus. LG did a full bolt-on LS3 that made 516.

All in all, the LS3's shine at high speeds..they are more aerodynamic etc. The reason why they say you need around 100 plus more hp to pull a c6z0 is because they typically trap around 125mph stock and a pullied eaton cobra is going to have a hard time doing that. Before I went to a turbo, I had a 2.8 and trapped 119.7 in the 1.4.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread