Poor GTO kid didn't realize what he was asking for...

topfueldart

Established Member
Driving home from the national event last night, stopped and had some dinner, then decided to troll down a main drag I don't usually ever hit. My Cobra was still wearing it's 315 MT's aired down to 18 from the week prior.

I can't make this shit up.. Kid was pulled over in front of a bus stop with his flashers on, I roll by and he jumps out grabs the other lane... Clearly wants to run even though were stuck in traffic. I said 'follow me?' he nodded, we cruised, then decimation occured.

Pulled onto the highway and I put it in first going about 10, honked 3 times and left, his buddy has the cam out and everything, I flat footed 2nd and 3rd, pulled about 3 bus lengths before lifting. Waited another quarter mile and came to a dead stop, 3 honks, I leave, he spins, and I pull away hard, no spin for me. I was ready to go one more again and turned around and he just kept rollin.

Doing my part to instill fear whenever I can! :rockon:

X R8TED

Established Member
You beat him on slicks and he had street tires..good kill..Stock GTO's are pigs from a dig, but if you run into a boosted one or properly built, they are hand full...Good kill again OP

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
You beat him on slicks and he had street tires..good kill..Stock GTO's are pigs from a dig, but if you run into a boosted one or properly built, they are hand full...Good kill again OP

I agree with XR8TED, would also like to just throw it out there that if you run into a boosted and/or properly built riding lawn mower, they are a handful. Good kill OP.

I'm pretty sure you would get him even with out the slicks. Wish I could have seen this video.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
I really doubt the op was on slicks.

"My Cobra was still wearing it's 315 MT's aired down to 18 from the week prior."

So your calling BS? :bs: :rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

I just ask because I like to let the A6/NT01 or whatever track tire I am on hang for a bit because it feels so nice.

Last edited:

4a7191a

Established Member
good kill :)
my buddys neighbor has talked crap wanting to race me in his stock ls2 gto. it wont look pretty for him when we do line em up.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Well, it's a good thing the GTO wasn't a built ls7 with twin 76mm turbos, or you would have been beaten. :dw:

Can you smell the sarcasm in that post?

Good kill OP.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Good kill. Reminds me of all the dudes in various stock vehicles clamoring about what their car does and what mine will do, as if I just left mine alone.. all the while it's running a procharger with an open bypass, full race exhaust, and 335 Hoosier slicks, just to name what's obvious LMFAO it's not much of a sleeper anymore. And they're still somehow shocked at the outcome lol

Users who are viewing this thread