Merc A/C Help

BittenInBama

Established Member
Hi everyone!

I have a 02 Grand Marquis LSE and I need some help; the A/C isn''t working...well at least the blower. I can hear the compressor kicking in and you can feel cold air at the vents but not being blown out of the vents. Checked the fuse and did the self test (Off/Floor buttons-Automatic) and got nothing. Test only showed all the available icons on display on at the same time after a little revolving icon.

What should I check next or have checked??

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The blower speed controller is a very common part to fail on the cars with ATC(automatic temperature control).

It is located directly behind the engine, on the blower/heater/A C case, basically on the cowl. The large heat sink is actually in the blower air stream.

To diagnose: Turn A/C on, and rap it(the blower speed controller) with a screw driver handle, or something similar. 95% chance it starts blowing right then and there.

I had to put one on my 02 LSE, but was lazy. I actually bought one at work and then just kept smacking the old one to keep it running.:bash:

8W7Z 19E624 A Is the new part number.

Yes, I'm a Lincoln Mercury Ford parts guy.:-D

BTW: Aren't these great cars? I absolutely love mine! It's kind of hard to keep my foot out of it though, the thing just ROCKS when you kick it!

Last edited:

BittenInBama

Established Member
Thanks! Will give it a try and cal my buddy at the parts counter!

Yes, car is nice. Was surprised with it when we bought it. Doesn't roll around in curves/turns like I expected a big car would do. Gearing def suits the 4.6 better than my uncle's LS model too. Plus the bucket seats and floor shifter is almost a novelty in these cars. No one around here has ever seen one. If only it was a 4V blown engine :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread