Michael Jackson Media Coverage...

Mike's_98_Snake

Established Member
Enough already!

1271-1.gif

Too Much Michael? - Pew Research Center

Gotta say, I have to agree. He was a great pop star, but he was also very weird. Let's move on please.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Our country is being over-populated by idiots who seem to concern themselves more with issues of non-importance than something that truely matters. What would these people do w/o celebs and sports? Jacko dying is not an issue of national importance regardless of what the media thinks. Many so-called journalists have shown they are nothing more than ambulance chasers with the devotion they have shown in covering this person.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
WAY over reported/broadcast. I was severely annoyed by the end of the fist day of his death. I really have no interest in all the trash they report about him. I find it sad that anyone else would really. People need to get a life when it comes to celebrity obsessions.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
its just the media trying to make profits off a human death. it's all about ratings. do you think they actually give a 2 shits about MJ? The guy was a fruitcake and they know it.

M3xpress

Established Member
I'm in the same boat, I'm so sick of it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry he died because he is part of someone's family.......but jeez watch Thriller once and move on. The real Michael Jackson died years ago.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Just more celeb worshipping.

Much more deserving people die each and everyday without as much as a wimper.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I actually dislike MJ a little more than I did before he died because of the media coverage.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^^^^^

And I'm starting to develop a huge hatred for Larry King after seeing his sickening ball licking of the Jackson family nuts during the past week and a half. I already disliked King but now he is making me sick.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Yep, too much coverage. But I would rather spend my time online as opposed to watching tv anyway.

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
^^^+1, Haven't watched T.V. but for maybe 1 or 2 10 to 15 min. increments each day. Even then that was more than enough MJ coverage.

brucesvt

Established Member
I am sick of it. i just cant take turning on the news at any point during the day and theres something having to do with MJ. not to sound like a d*ck but enough is enough and with most the radio stations playing his music non stop for the past week.......

styl0us

Roh-Tuh-Ree Powah
Established Member
Enough already!

1271-1.gif

Too Much Michael? - Pew Research Center

Gotta say, I have to agree. He was a great pop star, but he was also very weird. Let's move on please.

WAY over reported/broadcast. I was severely annoyed by the end of the fist day of his death. I really have no interest in all the trash they report about him. I find it sad that anyone else would really. People need to get a life when it comes to celebrity obsessions.

I'm in the same boat, I'm so sick of it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry he died because he is part of someone's family.......but jeez watch Thriller once and move on. The real Michael Jackson died years ago.

^^^+1, Haven't watched T.V. but for maybe 1 or 2 10 to 15 min. increments each day. Even then that was more than enough MJ coverage.

I agree with every single one of these statements. I turned the local news on yesterday morning, and all 8 news channels had nothing but Michael Jackson's death, music videos, the tribute concert, funeral arrangements, etc, etc, etc, etc. It made me want to call Time Warner and cancel my TV subscription.

It wouldn't have been so bad, but ALL the major stations were covering it, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, E!, TV Land, MTV, VH1, News10Now. It was just entirely too much. Every channel you turned it to had the same stuff repeating, over and over.

And as I type this now, CBS is doing another special on Michael Jackson's death...... when will the straw come that breaks the camels back? When we all speak up and say enough is enough already, we're tired of it?

brucesvt

Established Member
I am sick of it. i just cant take turning on the news at any point during the day and theirs something having to do with MJ. not to sound like a d*ck but enough is enough and with most the radio stations playing his music non stop for the past week.......

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I never liked him and there was just another broadcast with the mother of his kids wanting them back. Who cares:rollseyes

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
they only report what they think the majority are interested in. and i have to say, i'm pretty sure they're spot on in this case. the rabid followers of american idol are all the evidence i'll ever need to prove that point.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I used to watch the news every morning while getting ready for work. The past week or so I've been watching sportscenter instead because I'm completely sick of hearing about MJ dying, and every little thing he's ever done in his life. Who the hell cares? He's dead, get over it and move on.

ZZZZAP

Striking twice
Established Member
Kinda makes me glad I'm in Iraq with no TV! I grew up with his music and it's sad that he passed but the media just destroys everything with the unbridled coverage. I'm sure there are WAY more important things going on in our country alone to report on let alone the REST OF THE WORLD. I won't even let my sister and mother watch Entertainment Tonight or any of those crap ass shows. I could care less about ANY of their personal lives.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
There's a local radio station I listen to at lunch time, because they do a "retro hour" between 12 and 1. The day after he died, they played a solid hour of MJ, and I was f'n pissed.

Today, they come on, "Oh, and since today is his memorial... we thought we'd do it again!!!"

AWESOME IDEA ASSHOLES.
:fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
sick of it also :nonono:

I feel sorry for his (err someones) kids being tugged on in so many diff directions

Users who are viewing this thread