03 Cobra convertible - $7700

PBLA

Oxford White Cobra
Established Member
Saw an ad for this on CL, figured it was a scam, but it included phone numbers which scams rarely do. I actually called the guy last night with a few questions and considered making the drive (3 hours!), but I see it's been removed this morning. It was in the Houston, TX section. I wonder if someone flagged it to keep others from seeing it???

PBLA

Oxford White Cobra
Established Member
He admitted it had salvage title due to damage at rear quarter panel. Most scams are perfect cars.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
are you gonna buy it?

was it a vert or coupe?

what color?

how many miles?

i dont see why people are afraid of salvaged title cars :shrug:

if it was in a bad wreck it had to be inspected by D.O.T to become approved for street use again.....

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

if it was in a bad wreck it had to be inspected by D.O.T to become approved for street use again.....

1) Resale value. Possible issues down the road, etc.

2) Inability to get a loan if necessary (meaning itll always be a cash purchase which means your possible selling base is slim to nothing)

3) Even if inspected could still have long-term underlying issues.

Id get a salvage titled 03/04 Cobra, but it would only be if i wanted to strip the shit out of a car and turn it into a real weekend racer.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
He admitted it had salvage title due to damage at rear quarter panel. Most scams are perfect cars.

Sweet. So whats the point of the thread?

Call him and see why the ad's gone :shrug:

someone couldve flagged it thinking it was BS as well.

2) Inability to get a loan if necessary (meaning itll always be a cash purchase which means your possible selling base is slim to nothing)

Id get a salvage titled 03/04 Cobra, but it would only be if i wanted to strip the shit out of a car and turn it into a real weekend racer.

PBLA

Oxford White Cobra
Established Member
sonic blue vert, w/ 90k miles, too suspicious to make such a long drive, unless someone is in the Houston area with time to kill!

91GT

Established Member
How much really is a salvage title 03 with 90,000 miles worth? Doesn't seem that under priced to me.....

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I'd get a salvage titled 03/04 Cobra, but it would only be if i wanted to strip the shit out of a car and turn it into a real weekend racer.

Excellent points! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread