Max boost?

stockish99

Established Member
I have a buddy that just bought an 01-04lightning wondering what's the max boost he should run with the stock bottom end??

Thanks micah

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
if i remember correctly, 500 is PUSHING it. 450 is nice and safe, well if tuned right anyway.

and a 6 lb lower had me at about 14 or so pounds, little more in the winter, and i was hitting about 400 at the wheels. so a 6 lb lower with a 2.8 upper will do the trick i would imagine

stockish99

Established Member
Oh ok thanks! Hes got a 10# lower as stock pulley up top and it's pretty loud Hw was just wondering if that's to much forbthat stock bottom end Its at 18lbs

And honestly I'm kinda new the forum I usually just get on the forsale threads where should I post it

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Oh ok thanks! Hes got a 10# lower as stock pulley up top and it's pretty loud Hw was just wondering if that's to much forbthat stock bottom end Its at 18lbs

And honestly I'm kinda new the forum I usually just get on the forsale threads where should I post it

I would recommend just doing a reasonable amount of reading in the second gen lightning forum. Really no need to post questions if you are not sure how or where to do it. Why is your friend not the one reading this stuff?:shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What Jimmy said. Your buddy should join SVTP and check himself. He'll also glean a lot of good and helpful info here. Just saying! :)

Users who are viewing this thread