What does it take for a 5.0 to beat on a c5z(CAI & Full exhaust) on a 45-145 run?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sooo...

My brother and I have been going back and forth on about what it would take (mods wise) on a 5.0 to beat a CAI and Full exhaust c5 z06 on the street doing a 45-145 roll. This excludes N02 and FI.

I would like to find out as the thought of trading my c5z in for a brand new 5.0 has been creeping in my head.

This thread is basically a FRIENDLY invitation for anyone that thinks they have the winning combo to do a clean 45-145 run, drama free.

So if you are in the San Antinio area and wanna try it, pm me and lets run them see what happens.

:beer:

PS: if you are the type of guy that likes to hide mods, down play your car or are shaddy/advantageous this invite is not for you.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure what it'll take, but I sure as hell wouldn't trade a c5z06 for a new 5.0.

There is no doubt in my mind that a c5z is a better performer, stock for stock and mod for mod. But at this point going to a brand new 5.0 with a warranty and 4 seats is the more practical application while still mantaining the fun factor.

chrisheltra

Established Member
There is no doubt in my mind that a c5z is a better performer, stock for stock and mod for mod. But at this point going to a brand new 5.0 with a warranty and 4 seats is the more practical application while still mantaining the fun factor.

As soon as you install a tune kiss your warranty good bye. We are no longer in the days where you can return your car to stock and get broke parts covered.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems as though a slightly modded Boss might do the trick.

In this thread im talking strictly about a gt not a boss.

Although i wouldnt mind finding out what happens against a stock boss or one with similar mods as me.

As soon as you install a tune kiss your warranty good bye. We are no longer in the days where you can return your car to stock and get broke parts covered.

Thats is not always correct my friend, there is always a way.

corysmach1

Established Member
Zyborg- i have many friends with c5z's they are great cars and fun to drive....but just not my thing. I did go drive a new 5.0 about 6mths ago and wow i was impressed. Not only was the power good but the feel of the car was hust so nice and comfortable.....extremely fun to drive. The car had so many nice features. As for mods to hang with you. Thats tough. Every car and driver is different. If i had to guess id say full bolt ons a boss intake and big and lils.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

I highly doubt the dealer has the ability to detect if a tune has been installed and removed. And unless youre half assing your mods and ghetto fabbing it yourself, they likely wont be able to tell you swapped your stock intake back in from a JLT/Steeda or such.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I highly doubt the dealer has the ability to detect if a tune has been installed and removed. And unless youre half assing your mods and ghetto fabbing it yourself, they likely wont be able to tell you swapped your stock intake back in from a JLT/Steeda or such.

Did you know in mode 9 they can tell how many times you have turned the key?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
And I'm not sure what it would take but your z06 isn't just any other c5z. It's the c5z lol

I appreciate the comment but the truth is that my c5z is just your average healthy running c5z with a driver that has taken the time to know his car well and also his adversaries' paying attention to detail to squeeze as much performance as possible from it.

:beer:

Believe it or not but I warned you.

You looking at auto or manual?

Do you know what your car traps now?

lol, thanks but I got it...

6 speed would do the trick.

Your guess is at good as mine but I did trap a 93mph and a 108mph on the 2 passes that I ever made. :D

im all ears...

This thread is not meant to discuss such but if you are indeed really interested feel free to PM me and I would be more than glad to let you know how I would go about it.

Zyborg- i have many friends with c5z's they are great cars and fun to drive....but just not my thing. I did go drive a new 5.0 about 6mths ago and wow i was impressed. Not only was the power good but the feel of the car was hust so nice and comfortable.....extremely fun to drive. The car had so many nice features. As for mods to hang with you. Thats tough. Every car and driver is different. If i had to guess id say full bolt ons a boss intake and big and lils.

I can understand, comming from a mustang myself it was hard to adapt especially with the stigma that being a vette owner carries. I still to this day regret trading in my gt.

Its funny both you and my brother said exactly the same thing! LoL....

o2gt

Established Member
It would be interesting to see a full exhaust, tuned boss mani and cammed 5.0 try. I'm sure the car jpc made a couple years ago that had about 500rwhp would do it.

corysmach1

Established Member
Yes man....my buddy has same mods as you and goes 11.60 @120. Its all in learning where your car shines and driving it to its fullest potential. I think you would love the new 5.0 overall.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
LOL, seriously after all of that trash you talked? hahaha.

This can't be true, you must be trying to bait people into races. lol.

If we were in the same area, I'd take this race. I've only done a couple of mods now. Ignore those lil ol tires on the back, they are just for show. /grin.

101_0227.jpg

grendel

Established Member
i'll should be in san antonio the weekend of the 30th. just mid pipe, axle back, jlt intake and cam tune on a 2012

Users who are viewing this thread