Problem with MBRP Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seer

Banned
Why are you guys avoiding me in regards to your axle back breaking apart and the damages it did to my bumper? You said you would get back to me and have blown me off.

temporary-48.jpg

Last edited:

ad445

Racing Is In My Blood
Established Member
Omg !! :eek:
I was considering getting their headers but not anymore.

Last edited:

5.0Trunk

Established Member
Why are you guys avoiding me in regards to your axle back breaking apart and the damages it did to my bumper? You said you would get back to me and have blown me off.

temporary-48.jpg

WOW!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk stuff!

Seer

Banned
HOLY CRAP! How the hell did that happen???

Their muffler bursted apart while I was accelerating.

They keep saying my car wasnt tuned properly, or it back fired, or it was a nitrous explosion or a wot box.

It happaned at 5500 RPM in 3rd gear while accelerating.

Car does not have nitrous
Jon Lund tuned it
I was not shifting at the time.

The burst broke the clips on the bumper and did some damage, after I sent MBRP pictures of it, their rep stopped taking my phone calls.

I did the original purchase through Summit Racing and they replaced the exhaust system with a different setup but then MBRP refused the warranty claim resulting in Summit trying to charge me full price for a replacement. (This is according to Summit).

After a few hours of arguing with Summit they decided to just write this off, but there is still damage to my bumper.

If you have to buy MBRP just buy their race series because their street series does not hold up with boosted car. From the pictures above. Also look at how thin of a material they use in their product. They sounded real good but they need to go back to the drawing board on this one.

They have blown me off for over a week now and have tried to cause havoc with the warranty claim.

These pictures will follow them on every single Mustang, Camaro, Corvette Dodge and Diesel Truck site until they do what is right. I wish it would not of came down to this but ignoring an unhappy customer is not a way to solve a business problem. I'm done dealing with product reps, I want the President of the company to call me, which according to Jesse, is the only person who can authorize my repairs.

Damage is on the driver side only, but here is a video of how the bumper is now because of their system.

th_20120806_212105.jpg

Last edited:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You have no been ignored, you just don't like the answer you're getting which is understandable. At this time we've gone above and beyond in trying to help you out yet you want us to replace components on your car destroyed by a backfire from your WOT box.

We've chosen to communicate with you via email so this is a paper trail and have responsed to every reply you've sent.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Jesse - can you clear one item up - Did MBRP tell Summit it would not cover the parts under warranty?

FWIW - I don't know if Seer has a WOT or not, however I've seen stock mufflers damaged by the use of one, none of which failed in the manner seen by this set.

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
ok, so the company sent Summit a new set or a credit for one and took the damaged goods back?

as a side note, seems as if the Summit rep in that email doesn't understand a WOT Box.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
fair enough - thank you for the reply

Seer

Banned
Summit was not under the impression there was a "small tear" in the muffler, as they got the same pictures that you did as well. I also have my conversation with summit recorded as they do as well.

Both parties went back and relistened to what I said on the phone conversation hence why they proceded with the write off, after your companies meddling because it was clear as day I stated "the muffler burst apart at the seam".

2. Threatening emails? Do you want me to post my original email with your response from last week? There is nothing different that I had written in that email that wasn't posted before. It outlined a request for your company to replace parts on my vehicle that your faulty product damaged. My second email, sent to you only last night, which was in reply to your "in house engineer's" findings which I find to be too biased in this case, stated that if that is your final decision, then alerting the entire vehicle community that you do business with how well your product held up in my situation and a buyer beware.

Nice try Jesse, it looks like we're going to have this same arguement a few more times on various forums.

This also shows your lack of professionalism, now I have nothing to hide in this situation because it is what it is. You guys put a defective product out there and now are not owning up to your obligations to make what is right. But not only can't you not pay attention to simple detail especially the notice and disclaimer at the bottom of Summit's email (that you screen shotted) asking for you to keep this private you are also releasing a customer's personal information. You are not representing your company very well.

Seer

Banned
ok, so the company sent Summit a new set or a credit for one and took the damaged goods back?

as a side note, seems as if the Summit rep in that email doesn't understand a WOT Box.

Summit did exactly this, until MBRP got involved then Summit stated this would not be covered under warranty.

I then refuted this, and myself and summit went back and relistened to the phone call and they found no deception on my part as I clearly stated the damage.

blackshelby

temporary-48.jpg

I seen that happen a few times before .
Only thing I ever seen cause something like that is from a backfire .(Only thing that would blow the muffler apart like that and cause the muffler to fall out the back of the car)
That's not a weld or qualitly issue, that was from an explosion/backfire in the exhaust itself.(No doubt about it)
I really do not believe it has anything to do with the muffler itself, at least not from that picture you posted of it anyway.
You have something else going on with the car to cause that to happen.
I am really shock they even offered a new set of mufflers.

Last edited:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I seen that happen a few times before .
Only thing I ever seen cause something like that is from a backfire .(Only thing that would blow the muffler apart like that and cause the muffler to fall out the back of the car)
That's not a weld or qualitly issue, that was from an explosion/backfire in the exhaust itself.(No doubt about it)
I really do not believe it has anything to do with the muffler itself, at least not from that picture you posted of it anyway.
You have something else going on with the car to cause that to happen.
I am really shock they even offered a new set of mufflers.

We are of the same opinion. I offered him a replacement set when I first spoke to him but he had already chosen another axle back to run. Honestly, the offer still stands. I'd like to make the guy happy but it's clear he'll never be happy with anything we make.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
so MBRP is of the view that a single backfire blew apart the product?

Seer

Banned
We are of the same opinion. I offered him a replacement set when I first spoke to him but he had already chosen another axle back to run. Honestly, the offer still stands. I'd like to make the guy happy but it's clear he'll never be happy with anything we make.

Fix the damage your faulty product caused and I'll be happy.

I don't want something I'm not entitled to, I don't need another axle back exhaust. I have one that the vendor had sent to me as a replacement to yours being defective.

I want you to step up, do whats right and repair the damage your defective product caused. If you're not willing or capable then no, I won't be happy. I'll be an unhappy customer and the automotive performance community will know I'm not happy as well.

fullboogie

Established Member
I've been following this thread and I'm having trouble with something - probably because I'm lacking some information. I see no way that a muffler splits apart like that from simply driving down the road, or making a pull in 3rd gear, or even drag racing it. It just can't happen. The photos clearly show some kind of concussive force split that thing open and peeled back the sheet metal. We're not talking about a split seam - that thing looks like a grenade went off in it.

So the question becomes: is there a reasonable expectation that a muffler should survive such an event? I have an opinion, but it is not needed in this thread.

I guess my question is this, Seer - is it your understanding that there was no unusual event that caused the damage? Or was there, in fact, something that happened but you expected the muffler to survive the event?

Just looking for some clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread