Coil Overs installed on GT500

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
They are ground control coil overs with Koni adjustable struts up front with a 430# spring, in the rear they are a spring with an adjustable perch with koni adjustable shocks with 200# springs.

Driving impressions are amazing. The car is FLAT through turns, there is no body roll at all, it just stays firm throughout. On hard braking the car barely dive's...maybe goes 1/4" down when I step on the slow down pedal.

You'd think that the ride would be bone jarring, but it's very smooth. On the softest dampening mode the car is as smooth as stock, but is still very flat in turns. When you firm it up to full it's a little jittery on very bumpy roads...but it still rides much better than my buddy's lowered evo. The handling on the firmest setting is very tight, I feel that it would be best suited for a smooth surface race track because it reacts too firmly to bumps in the road. I have it set to right in the middle, it's a very nice ride and handles superb.

The stock ride height was 28" LF, 29 3/4" LR, 28 1/2" RF, 29 1/4" RR without me in the car. Now it is 26 7/8" LR, 27" LR, 26 7/8 RF, 27" RR with me in the car. LF is 1 1/8" lower, LR is 2 3/4" lower, RF is 1 5/8" lower and RR is 2 1/4" lower.

Before

Shelby111.gif

Shelby128.gif

Shelby110.gif

Shelby007.gif

After

Shelby044.gif

Shelby039.gif

Shelby050.gif

Shelby036.gif

Shelby035.gif

Shelby034.gif

Shelby002.gif

Shelby001.gif

Shelby031.gif

Shelby032.gif

Shelby024.gif

Shelby016-1.gif

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
Your car simply looks bad ass :coolman: I saw one on the road last week (red w/white stripes) and they certainly look very tough.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
OOMINI said:
Looks great, but dose is rub in the hardest corners or bumps?
It rubbed once on the drivers front with the suspension in the softest setting, it was in a hard left turn with a dip in it, the front was 1/4" lower than it is now. Now it's higher and firmer, I don't think it will rub, if it does, I will raise it. It's about a 20 minute job to raise or lower all 4 corners.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I am getting 19" Iforged Aero's or Classic's (brushed center with polished lip), I can't decide, but I am ready to order.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Dave:

Looks great man! :thumbsup:

Can you post photos of that rear Koni adjustable perch set-up? I'd appreciate it. Also a link if you have it? Does the rear kit come in different spring rates?

Keep up the awesome work!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Dave:

Looks great man! :thumbsup:

Can you post photos of that rear Koni adjustable perch set-up? I'd appreciate it. Also a link if you have it? Does the rear kit come in different spring rates?

Keep up the awesome work!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:
The shock is adjustable at the top of it inside the trunk by a little knob (you can adjust the dampening). The spring is sitting on a perch which adjusts ride height. I don't have any pics, but I can snap some tomorrow for ya. You can get any spring rate you want, I chose these because I needed a multi-purpose setup for street/drag/road race.

Here is the kit I got. it included, koni struts (assembled with the coil on it), koni shocks, rear springs w/ adjustable perch, and camber/caster plates. http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=666/CA=4

They also have a kit to reuse your stock struts and shocks w/o the cc plates. http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=644/CA=96

You need to call and speak with Jay and tell him that it's a GT500.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/category.php/CA=96

Users who are viewing this thread