M/T 345/35/18 with widened stock wheels

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Got'em on. Wheels widened 1.5" to the inside. You will need to lower your rear for them to fit. I also went with QA1s because they didnt have a boot at top. Tires are 13.2" sidewall to sidewall on 11" rims. M/T site states 13.9" but that must be on 12" wheels. I've noticed very slight rubbing on undercoating in fenderwells from the tire itself. With 1/8" spacers they might not have even touched. I've been on it pretty good and no issues. Inflating to 21psi on the street for now. Since wheel width is at the minimum the pressure should probably be at the lower range for street.

P1010717.jpg

P1010728.jpg

P1010726.jpg

P1010727.jpg

I have not been able to get a decent full rear view yet.

Mike

Last edited:

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
Thanks for posting.

Were you able to buy rims already widened or did you send them out to be widened? Weldcraft told me it was going to be a 4week turnaround to widen my stockers.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Thanks for posting.

Were you able to buy rims already widened or did you send them out to be widened? Weldcraft told me it was going to be a 4week turnaround to widen my stockers.

I used Weldcraft from Plymouth, Michigan. They do really nice work. I called for a price and was told the same 4 weeks, but it was more like 3 weeks. Price at that time was $215/wheel + shipping. You need to call for a quote and go on-line to print out a form from their site and send it in with your wheels. They'll call you when they're done and ask for payment at that time.

Mike

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
4.10s will be the same as if you had 305s/35/18

looks great JEFF

Thanks! For now I'm going to stick with 3:73's. I want to keep the rpms below 6250 for now. If I get a new short block then I will definitely get a taller gear.

Mike

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
It's tough to get a real perspective on a straight from behind view. They look better in person.

Mike

rearview.jpg

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member

Thanks for the compliments guys. That centered lettering on your car does look nice. What's really funny is that since my car is full stripe delete, people that see it at car shows don't even think it's a Shelby GT500. I do have some subtle ideas in mind for the exterior, and the lettering may just be one of them.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread