2.9 install complete..First Impressions

Zeke0123

Established Member
cbr repsol did the install and did and outstanding job with the blower and the twin fan Heat exchanger..He is very meticulous.. like he is working on his own ride (2003-4 cobra) we had a few murphys law type things happen like the steel wire loom bracket would not let us set the blower so he had to cut it and many other minor but time consuming issues out of our control but it ended up perfect (thanks for the tips chris :coolman:). the Blower is a beatiful piece as well the HE is a nice piece.

I would also like to tell the rest of the forum **** you! you ruined my car! After the install we went for a test drive after a nice warm up I slow rolled into first and mashed it....My asshole clenched so tight I wont be able to shit for a week and I couldn't recover my senses for 15 minutes to even mentally absorb a few turns on the directions to get home.The new Nittos apply 10x the power to the ground compared to the stockers and they SCREAMED in protest through 1st 2nd and 3rd Ive never been scared in a car my entire life and ive owned many pre 70 bigblocks and a modded GN.. but this 150-200 more rwhp has given me a whole new respect for the big dogs on here..1000 hp...Tony (TheBull) do you haul your balls around in a wheelbarrow!?!?!

Thanks to Lethal and Mr Lund and especially cbr repsol (ill be posting in the cali forum soon brother) I just hope I can get back to the point where I feel like I am in control of the car again!

XtremeS10

Established Member
Good lord man, I was expecting to hear to emptied your bowels when you said you ruined your car! :p

I can't wait to get mine done the wait is freaking killing me, get some pics up for us!

Zeke0123

Established Member
Good lord man, I was expecting to hear to emptied your bowels when you said you ruined your car! :p

I can't wait to get mine done the wait is freaking killing me, get some pics up for us!
haha well this is the first time in my life that im going to have to be mentally prepared when I hit the go pedal..good lord.. I guess I was just unprepared for it...not sure if it was adrenaline or fear but wow...just wow.

XtremeS10

Established Member
haha well this is the first time in my life that im going to have to be mentally prepared when I hit the go pedal..good lord.. I guess I was just unprepared for it...not sure if it was adrenaline or fear but wow...just wow.

Thats what its all about for me! I know I am gonna be scared with the light green sitting at the staging lights with the car revving at 4k rpm on that first pass cause I know its gonna leave hard :rockon:

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
LOVE the reviews man!!!! I think you should work for MM&FF doing reviews because that shit inspired me! Good to hear youre OBVIOUSLY happy with the outcome!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Holy Hell I can't wait to get my 2.9...but, it will probably be next year! I'll make sure I get new underwear....cause it sounds like I may ruin a few pair! Freaking awesome!

TorchMach

Established Member
Yeah you pretty much inspired me as well....that was funny stuff and awesome review. I'll be looking into this once I pay mine off...

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Did u install a BAP or just injectors? What CAI u running?

I'm going the 2.9 route aswell very soon

Zeke0123

Established Member
:lol:

I'd like to hear some more about the Whipple. Did you install a 10% Lower?
No lower just bolted my old crap to it (FRPP intake etc) I still have room to grow..If I want (not even a consideration atm at least until I can shit again)..Install very went well considering I had a few things that happen that weren't in the instructions and after we fired her up the &#@$#@ pump on the HE wouldn't catch suction so we had to use a plunger a funnel and a wet paper shop towel as a gasket to burp it.

The Whipple itself sounds a lot different than the Eaton it is louder at idle and almost sounds like and old school 671 (much quieter though) then its very refined and louder at boost and it just snaps to 15 on my gauge when you hit it.

cbr repsol

Established Member
cbr repsol did the install and did and outstanding job with the blower and the twin fan Heat exchanger..He is very meticulous.. like he is working on his own ride (2003-4 cobra)

Thank you very much....let me know if you need other things done in the future.
My eye balls were poping out of the sockets once we opened the new whipple from the box. Thanks to the test ride , they are much closer to my brain.:beer:

cbr repsol

Established Member
Im not much of a picture taker once i got the hands dirty but i have a finished product cell pic.
ie3txf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread