Buy a sticker and support the family of Mark "Hissssss" Coleman

Slabo

Established Member
edit - 6/4/2010

The initial donation was made to the family on Memorial Weekend during the Team Shelby PNW Meet 'n Greet. See this post below for details. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/694835-buy-sticker-support-family-mark-hissssss-coleman.html#post9748679

Thx,

-- Bob

It was wonderful to see the outpouring of support here on SVTPerformance for Mark and his family after posting the terrible news about Mark being killed in Afghanistan. We have since learned that he also has a son Brett who is serving in the military at Ft Richardson Alaska. Brett has posted in our thread about how proud he is of his father. He shared with us the details and Mark is a true hero having saved 3 other fellow solders from the same fate. I have included links below.

As I mentioned in my prior post, we wanted to do something for Mark's family. A website and sticker have been created by mrfarmdog and BlkGT500nCA with the profits going to support Marks family. Because stickers, etc. is what these guys do it is almost all profit that will go to the family. A donation of $20 gets the sticker below. If you want more than one sticker you would just place multiple orders. Here is the link if you would like to join us in this effort. FallenHeros.us - Dedicated to those members of US Armed Forces that lost their lives serving for our country

55041984.jpg

The donations will be presented to his family during a ceremony at the 4th annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet on Memorial Weekend. A gathering of late model Shelby owners that Mark attended every year that is hosted by Grabber in Battleground, WA.

Thx,

-- Bob

coleman_mark_w_lg.jpg

Army Master Sgt. Mark W. Coleman
Died May 02, 2010 serving during Operation Enduring Freedom

40, of Centerville, Wash.; assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.; died May 2 at Khakrez, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/693809-we-lost-good-member-today-hissssss-killed-ied.html

We lost a good member today - Hisssss Killed by a IED - Team Shelby His son Bretts post is #109

Last edited:

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
Mark was a great guy. I ordered a Shirt and it appears im the first one also.

RIP HISSSSS

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Donation sent and T-shirt ordered.

Last edited:

rp51

Established Member
Sergeant Coleman benefit auction on eBay

Members,

The benefit auction for the family of Sgt.Coleman is currently posted on eBay. Please reference the Fallen Hero link on this thread started by Slabo.

A number of great vendors have participated with donations. PLEASE show your support by bidding!

cobrkilrl

Established Member
RIP MSgt Coleman. From a Veteran of 21 years, it still sad's me to see our young men and women make the ultimate sacrifice to our country. My prayer's are with his family and son currently serving in the Armed Forces. May peace be with you. I wll put the decal on my 500KR for all to see.

Slabo

Established Member
I just wanted to pass along a big THANK YOU from Mark's family to everyone at SVT Performance for the kind words and donations. The donation was presented to Mark's family on Memorial Day at the Team Shelby PNW Meet 'n Greet which Mark regularly attended. We had a nice memorial and presented the family with a donation of $6570 and a plaque (with the sticker on it) and a signed flag from Carroll Shelby. Here is a nice writeup in the local paper Shelby owners' meeting more than a party | The Columbian

This was accomplished by the efforts of mrfarmdog, blkGT500nCA, snakebit, kstrong, slabo and grabber. The stickers and t-shirts were a big success. A big thanks to the following vendors for donations we auctioned or raffled off for the family.

DESIGNER AUTO ACCESSORIES - Shelby Car Cover ($400 retail)

EVOLUTION PERFORMANCE - $500.00 Online Gift Card

JLT PERFORMANCE - JLT Carbon Fiber GT500 Radiator Support Cover ($219 retail)

VMP TUNING - VMP 2.65" 3-4psi 'stock look' pulley & 90MM Idler with VMP Pulley Tool ($329 Retail)

BANGASTANG.COM - Radiator Cover Carbon Fiber '07-'09 GT500 - (retail $579)

TEAM SHELBY - 85th Leather Shelby jacket - ($129)

STUCK ON YOU GRAPHICS - $150 Gift Card to be applied towards existing graphics or stripe packages.

SHOW CAR DETAIL - Show Car Detail Kit - ($135 retail)

LETHAL PERFORMANCE - TWO ITEMS - Lethal Performance 07-09 GT500 Offroad X-Pipe (No Cats) - ($209 each)

TRUFIBER - Venom Hood - ($769 retail)

SILVERHORSE RACING LOUVERS

CALIFORNIA PONY CARS BATTERY AND MASTER CYLINDER COVERS

MGP CALIPER COVERS

AMERICAN MUSCLE - $100 Gift Card

Last edited:

GRABRRR

Established Member
You should of seen Barbie face when I handed her the $6,570 bucks. She was very thankful and surprised. She did not know that us Mustang guys cared so much.

1/2 way thru this 5 minute video is the playing of taps live in my field at the event. 4 men from the Veterans Honor guard did a great job.

This video will give you an idea of how the event went.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDS5T5krdBI"]YouTube- 2010 NW Meet & Greet[/nomedia]

Last edited:

GRABRRR

Established Member
100_1369.jpg

The Placing of the Shelby Flag on Hisssss’s hood. The expressions on peoples faces capture how much they care.

439.jpg

438.jpg

437.jpg

436.jpg

435.jpg

425.jpg

426.jpg

427.jpg

428.jpg

429.jpg

430.jpg

431.jpg

432.jpg

433.jpg

434.jpg

471.jpg

GRABRRR

Established Member
We bowed out heads for a prayer and a moment of silence for Master Sgt. Mark Coleman. Then the 4 men from the Vetrans Honor guard helped us to pay our respects. 2 Buglars played Taps.

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

GRABRRR

Established Member
When Hisssss’s wife Barbie arrived with his car, she cleaned it up and put a memorial display up in honor of her husband. I had her park the car in the center of the driveway as our feature car. I had some personal conversations with her and she told me that Mark said that if anything ever happened to him...that she should keep the car and enjoy it. Barbie told me she's keeping the car and going to take it to shows and drive it and enjoy it. That put a big smile on my face.
100_1369.jpg

056.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread