2011 GT500 whipple 2.9 dyno numbers

JUST TRY 03

Established Member
i had the guys from modular depot tune the shelby today. i installed the whipple 2.9 kit from lethal performance. i also added an afco heat exhanger with fans, and ARH long tubes with a catted mid pipe going through stock mufflers. With the tune from lethal i was making around 656.

At the end of the day i ended up with 697.50 and 603 lb/ ft of torque.But we found out my stock fuel pumped maxed out at around 5500 rpms so we set the rev limiter there for now. I ordered a kenne bell boost a pump which will be installed next week as well as a smaller pulley

Last edited:

JUST TRY 03

Established Member
yea i ordered the complete kit from lethal, i called and asked them if a fuel pump was needed and they told me no over and over again, the first pull on the dyno the pump was at 97%. hopefully with a BAP ill be over 700

rtvickers

Established Member
I was there today with my 04 Cobra. I seen and heard your car. Nice ride. I over heard your conversation with the guys a MD Speed. The pump situation sucks. Good luck with the BAP and Pulley.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
yeah I'm maxing mine out also. I'm going to go with the Fuel Pump assembly over the boost a pump. I made it over the 700hp mark but I think the injectors and throttle body really helped it out. Your almost there though. These cars seem to love the 2.9

JUST TRY 03

Established Member
yeah I'm maxing mine out also. I'm going to go with the Fuel Pump assembly over the boost a pump. I made it over the 700hp mark but I think the injectors and throttle body really helped it out. Your almost there though. These cars seem to love the 2.9

i looked into buying the dual pumps from ford racing but apparently they dont sell them. they only sell them with the 2.9 whipple kits. i would have rather went with a new pump but im hoping a BAP will work

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Nice numbers. What injectors are you running. Also call Paulshp.com if you want the pumps that come in the frpp kit.

rtvickers

Established Member
My best was 546 hp. But it is way too lean. When I go back there going to do a tune and maybe switch to a 3.00 upper. Well see what that does.

I heard them driving your car in the lot. Sounds pretty wicked. They were talking about that pump after you left. They called someone and tried to see if they could get one and lady told them they weren't selling them. He asked what if he needed some replacement parts in the pump. She said sorry. Sounds to me like its only a temporary thing. Hopefully they can get it figured out for you. Good numbers.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
i had the guys from modular depot tune the shelby today. i installed the whipple 2.9 kit from lethal performance. i also added an afco heat exhanger with fans, and ARH long tubes with a catted mid pipe going through stock mufflers. With the tune from lethal i was making around 656.

At the end of the day i ended up with 697.50 and 603 lb/ ft of torque.But we found out my stock fuel pumped maxed out at around 5500 rpms so we set the rev limiter there for now. I ordered a kenne bell boost a pump which will be installed next week as well as a smaller pulley

What size pulley are you running and how much boost were you making?

SicShelby09

Banned
Dont worry about the bap. Its been proven time and time again to be a safe way to get the fuel you need to the injectors without having to drop the tank and install new pumps. The chevy guys use them too with all their blower kits. Its a great product.

Black'03GT

Established Member
How does the car sound with the new LT/midpipe and stock '11 exhaust? I'd love to hear a sound clip or video.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Dont worry about the bap. Its been proven time and time again to be a safe way to get the fuel you need to the injectors without having to drop the tank and install new pumps. The chevy guys use them too with all their blower kits. Its a great product.

you dont have to drop the tank to swap the pumps in these cars.
The are accessed under the rear seats

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
shoot me a pm but you will be suprised what you can do these days. The boost a pump is always a sure way but I like to keep everything plug and play and add as little to the car as possible.

JUST TRY 03

Established Member
How does the car sound with the new LT/midpipe and stock '11 exhaust? I'd love to hear a sound clip or video.

it sounds pretty good, i have the long tubes, catted mid pipe and stock axle back. its alot louder than i thought, they had a 10 gt500 with magnaflow axle backs there, i liked that sound better because it was more deeper and sounded like a muscle car. to me my car sounds a bit raspy at high rpms

bull3441

Established Member
in Lethal's defense, i'm sure they told no on the pump as to there tune. you maxed out the pump with retune. never cut corners on fuel delivery, get the larger pumps. nice #'s

Users who are viewing this thread