Problem

sbrooks

Established Member
I have a 07 Shelby GT500 On Saturday the clutch seem like it is slipping. When I put it into gear the RPM's rev when i step on the gas and it;s hard to get it in gear. Is this from a bad clutch? The car is over 36000 and I have the ESP. It looks ike they don't cover the clutch. I brought this used

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Hard going into gear could be typical of the warped flywheel problems associated with stock clutches. Slipping could be due to excess wear, again caused by the flywheel warping and causing drag and heat build up.

If they take it apart and the flywheel has warped causing early clutch failure you should insist they cover it under warranty, not as a wear item. Let us know how it goes.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
if you have a full ESP then it should be covered no problem

sbrooks

Established Member
It was the clutch and Ford said it would cost 2200 to repair it. This is not covered by warranty. I am talking with the used car manager at Gene Evans Ford. Will see how that goes and if they back up what they sale

barstoolman

Established Member
They are going to pay half,,better than nothing

If they'll pay half, they'll pay for it all. Again, if the slipping was caused by a warped flywheel and you have a full ESP, you're covered...period!!!!!! Don't let the dealer get away with it.

BTW.......have you checked or did the dealer tell you about the condition of the flywheel???? If you find on your invoice a replacement flywheel, you'll know for sure that it should be covered.

Good luck :beer:

sbrooks

Established Member
I will checkon the condition of the flywheel on Monday. They told me it was the clutch. They had to order the parts

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Tell them there's a tsb out for the flywheel/clutch they need to looked into which is fully covered under the extended warranty you paid for.

sbrooks

Established Member
Thanks guys I will call them in the morning to give them this latest TSB. Will let you know what they say

94cobramike

Established Member
this is kind of related to the op's question...

Do modifications alter the TSB? i have some engine mods, driveshaft, exhaust, suspension mods... If i were to bring it to a dealer and say "do the TSB..." will they refuse becuase of mods??
btw 7600 miles on car..

sbrooks

Established Member
They are claiming that it is only the clutch. I will find out when I pick it up on Friday

Users who are viewing this thread