Low dust brake pads

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
I definitely feel your pain...

I can't even stretch the 5.0's legs on a little 15 minute cruise without it looking as if
someone shot my wheels with a 12 gauge shell filled with coal dust...

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I use either Carbotech Bobcats or Hawk HPS pads for the street. Both are low dust pads, easy to clean up after, and stop better than stock.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Autozone Duralast Gold Cmax ... Great pads!

I put on the rear Gold Cmax tonight. I will do the front pads when I install the front Race Stars and runners.

I decided to move to a low dust pad to better protect the polished aluminum. These seem to have the best rep for a parts house pad on SVTP.

airmanb2b

Established Member
Thanks guys. I have been a believer in the Wagner Thermoquiets for a very long time, but it doesnt look like they developed pads for the front yet.

airmanb2b

Established Member
Thanks guys. I have been a believer in the Wagner Thermoquiets for a very long time, but it doesnt look like they developed pads for the front yet.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I have the cmax golds as well and really like them. They cut te brake dust to about a 1/3 or stock or less and it's a lot lighter color abd easier to clean off.

I too got polished aluminum wheels and wanted to keep them as clean as possible

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

I've owned both the thermoquiets and the Cmax, and IMO, after installing the Cmax last night, there is NO comparison in quality of build.

Cmax hands down. The rubber backing not found on any other pad I have seen, and other anti-noise features...the Wagner doesn't have a chance.

P1000832.jpg

Last edited:

6-Speed

Established Member
My perception of the Cmax pads is dusting is further reduced after about 1000 miles of use. They are also quiet ... haven't heard a peep out of them ... ever.

Users who are viewing this thread