Kenne Bell or Whipple ???

--------
Established Member
I have a '07 GT500..I'm really looking forward to the supercharger mod...with everything i have read, the Kenne Bell 2.8H is the way to go...the best bang for your buck...does anyone have any views on this....i'd really be interested to talk to someone that's made this mod.....

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
It all depends on your goals..Whipple is generally favored. I have a 3.4 and I love it.

shelby mark

Established Member
I have a '07 GT500..I'm really looking forward to the supercharger mod...with everything i have read, the Kenne Bell 2.8H is the way to go...the best bang for your buck...does anyone have any views on this....i'd really be interested to talk to someone that's made this mod.....

kenne bell , the fastest street driven Gt 500's run Kenne Bell. Not to sure about the buck but it bangs 8's in the 1/4 mile.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
the route I went:

317097_246093168773101_100001172604794_599511_665242900_n.jpg

call Van at Revan Racing...

Ironhand

Banned
kenne bell , the fastest street driven Gt 500's run Kenne Bell. Not to sure about the buck but it bangs 8's in the 1/4 mile.

The Quickest 03 Cobra at 8.54(I think) is 3.4L Whippled and the fastest CJ is Whippled as well.

I didnt like KB at all not to long ago. But they arent bad blowers. So either is perfectly fine in my book.

--------
Established Member
i'm leaning towards the KB 2.8H and pretty much everything i have read says it can make some really crazy street power on modest boost and tunes???

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
what kind of boost and power are you pushing slocum1946...looks like the 2.8LC is that right??

It is the 2.8LC and it isn't installed yet :( I'm waiting for my L&M built aluminum blocked engine to get to me :)

Look at my setup and build details here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/803611-i-am-paying-have-all-done-my-gt500.html

We will make over 700HP at the rear wheels very conservatively with 91 octane CA gas...

I'm not saying the Whipple won't do the trick...just sharing my path forward...

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
I will say customer service is horrible with KB. My buddy and I called KB all afternoon to confirm if they received his blower. It must of been 25 calls before we reached someone.

With Whipple, everytime I call I speak with someone.

--------
Established Member
i'll check it out...i was told by a shop owner here in south ms, that the whipple 2.9 would only put 660 to the tires without pushing the limits of the whipple....and what i have read about the KB 2.8 is the low tunes and boost will put out 675

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
I will say customer service is horrible with KB. My buddy and I called KB all afternoon to confirm if they received his blower. It must of been 25 calls before we reached someone.

I went through Revan Racing for my KB and had ZERO customer service issues...that is why I said "call Van"...

--------
Established Member
i'm just looking for a blower for one i dont have to change my hood or use spacers...i want to make 650 rwhp on a modest "street tune" and around 720 rwhp on a "track tune" and still be safe on the blower and lower end....i'm not looking for something that's gonna end up with me fixing other things later

--------
Established Member
i just want the car to be a monster street car....i don't take my car to the track often but when i do, i want to be able to step it up a lil if i need to...lots of grudge, street racing here, even at the track

Tejas500

Established Member
I am considering the upgrade next year. I too have struggled between the two as well and after hours of research and reading through forums I have found that KB had a past history of running hot and bad customer service. I think that the KB looks better and is superior in quality being that it isn't cast like the Whipple and the stock blower.

After personally meeting Van of Revan Racing and sending countless emails and calls to him at all hours of the day and even on the weekend and never once being turned away I think my business will lie with him when I am ready to purchase. Looks like it will be Kenne Bell for me.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
I am considering the upgrade next year. I too have struggled between the two as well and after hours of research and reading through forums I have found that KB had a past history of running hot and bad customer service. I think that the KB looks better and is superior in quality being that it isn't cast like the Whipple and the stock blower.

After personally meeting Van of Revan Racing and sending countless emails and calls to him at all hours of the day and even on the weekend and never once being turned away I think my business will lie with him when I am ready to purchase. Looks like it will be Kenne Bell for me.

Yep.

rdsnk46

Established Member

I got the same response when my 1000 mile Whipple 3.4 failed, now I have put 4000 miles on my KB 3.6LC and have had no problems. Some people like Whipple and some like KB...............I've owned both and still have a 2.3 on my Terminator but when it comes to big boost and big power it's KB for me all the way to 22psi and a 9 sec pass with my 3.6!!!!:rockon:

jcveron

Established Member
FWIW Van holds the record for the fastest gt500 in the mile at 204.9 mph with a Kenne Bell 3.6LC on the supersnake!

Users who are viewing this thread