03 cobra engine cleaning

BigRedShaolin

Established Member
i need to clean my engine after sitting all winter alotta dust plus i want 2 get a car show look im very new 2 this "move" so i dont want 2 mess up what do u advise guys also can i use a hose on my engine or do i have 2 get it "pro" done:shrug: or is there a how to on this....thanks guys:beer:

mustanginky

Established Member
punctuation please :)

anyways, you can search on here or any other forum board. i've always used diluted simple green, a tooth brush, LIGHT sprays of water, not a stream, and a little bit of engine heat. i usually just spray on diluted simple green on a warm engine (not hot) and let it sit for 5 mins, and agitate it with a tooth brush or the like. then spray lightly where it is to clean.

then on all my rubber i use tire dressing, will give it a nice shine. i wouldn't use armor all because it tends to catch dust. keeping it clean makes it 10x easier to clean in the future though.

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
Simple Green works well, don't use a lot of water. Also check out Black Magic Engine Cleaner/Shine. I use that on the plastic parts and wiring. Works well. Just spray it on let it sit and then rinse it off and make sure you hit everything will some compressed air to dry everything. Mother's Back to Black works well on the plastic to maintain the dark color.

For the blower, valve covers and other painted parts I use Mothers' Cleaner Wax to get everything looking fresh.

Spade

Established Member
I use EagleOne aluminum wheel cleaner. Mist the engine bay, spray the cleaner, wipe down, and mist again to remove cleaner. Be very careful because like Jimmy said it could turn out bad.

Users who are viewing this thread