Disappointed with Ford Performance truck mag

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
This mag is starting to suck real fast. Every month there is less and less lightning coverage. :bash: The diesels seem to be getting all the space. What a joke, the superduty is far from a "performance" truck. :nonono: Besides diesels are already covered in the umpteen other mags out there.

And how many times are they going to do an article on that lame steeda truck? :cuss:

Or what about that orange/green f-150 with virtually no mods on it. This mag is getting worse and worse. If anybody can get in touch with the editors up there, let them know that they are really dropping the ball :smmon: :bash:

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
they havent made a lightning in over 3 years now, so im sure it is getting harder and harder to write new articles about old news.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
I was going to go out and try and find a copy today. Thanks for saving me the trouble. :read: I don't see why there'd be any trouble writing articles about Lightnings... especially now that they've been out awhile. Some pretty impressive Lightnings out there.

wayboarder

Established Member
I think the aim for the mag should be more on the lines of lightning's gen 1 and 2 and then wicked conversions, like the ernhardt diesel truck

driven to build

Established Member
red-light said:
they havent made a lightning in over 3 years now, so im sure it is getting harder and harder to write new articles about old news.

5.0 magazine, havn't made them in a while.....so I would think some of the new products and performance options could be well reviewed in articles and many going the turbo route would be interesting to learn the trials and tribulations of.

No disrespect ment red-light,

Driven

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I felt let down by the mag also.

I know it has to cater to everyone but who really cares about the history of the Powerstroke through the years.

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
driven to build said:
5.0 magazine, havn't made them in a while.....so I would think some of the new products and performance options could be well reviewed in articles and many going the turbo route would be interesting to learn the trials and tribulations of.

No disrespect ment red-light,

Driven
50 mag has alot more people reading it becaues they made a million 5.0s as to the lightning they only made a few thousand each year. it is harder to keep making new articals on a vehical that only a few thousand of us have.
right now diesel is popular so that is what they cater to.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
RIDE THE said:
I felt let down by the mag also.

I know it has to cater to everyone but who really cares about the history of the Powerstroke through the years.

Definetly!!!!

While "SOME" Diesels can be very quick (Search for the Duramax work truck from so cal running 11.30s on stock block, stock trans, stock trubo).... the diesel performance cliche is years from now....

the Performance truck mag is nothing more than a gathering of "truck related" articles from other magazines then stuck into one "truck performance magazine"

How do i know? well cause the same F-350 with the cobra was in Diesel power last month, and the article about installing nitrous was in truckin i believe...

its all primedia Crap!

just stick to reading lightningrodder.com

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
mc01svt said:
...what about that orange/green f-150 with virtually no mods on it.

I completely agree with you on that particular truck. There's absolutely NOTHING on that ugly truck that screams "Performance".

However, I did like the article on the F100 that has all of that Terminator hardware.:rockon:

Aren't there 3 different articles on 2nd Gen Lightnings in this issue?

1. JLP's twin turbo monster.:rockon:

2. Part II of the nitrous set-up that's been installed on the "Fridge".

3. The white Lightning with the American flag radiator shroud that's making crazy power on the Steig ported Eaton.

I like the latest issue other than the orange and green, non performance F-150. I kinda enjoyed the read up on the diesel trucks too. Maybe I'm not as Lightning biased as I should be. LOL.

Last edited:

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
grimreefer said:
I was going to go out and try and find a copy today. Thanks for saving me the trouble. :read: I don't see why there'd be any trouble writing articles about Lightnings... especially now that they've been out awhile. Some pretty impressive Lightnings out there.
Rather than always trying to sell the latest "gadget of the week", they should print more how-to articles about the more common mods like, lowering kits, cai's, exhaust systems, trac bars, etc.....

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
When Does the New one come out. I have been looking at the same one for about a month now. I mean come on. It says on the mag,display till June 5th. IT's june 7th. I want a new one.......RANT........RANT.........

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
/\ I'll send you one if you get me an national event sticker from Bristol next month.

First time since 1999 that I haven't been there.

Tazman1

Established Member
How big of a sticker do you want????
I'll be going most deffinatly..;-)

RIDE THE said:
/\ I'll send you one if you get me an national event sticker from Bristol next month.

First time since 1999 that I haven't been there.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Just go into the Nitro Mall and they should have the event sticker by the register. PM your address and I'll grab a magazine tonight and send it your way tomorrow.

Tazman1

Established Member
Hey, you know that they are rescheduled to be on July 6th-8th. You still have time...

RIDE THE said:
Just go into the Nitro Mall and they should have the event sticker by the register. PM your address and I'll grab a magazine tonight and send it your way tomorrow.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
I kinda wish they would reprint some of the older how too's from a while back to help those who got on the Lightning fever a little late....

Agree?

Users who are viewing this thread