True Forged power steering reservoir Group Buy

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
in the spirit of Christmas and late BF and being a group buy for a brand new product i will take another $20 off each order placed by Midnight December 31st :beer:

Theyre finally here. Sort of…

The TF aluminum power steering reservoirs!
For now, we are offering two versions: Fatman and Little Boy. Depending on how demand looks, we may only offer one or the other after the GB is over. So if you want to be able to choose, now is the time to grab one.

Here you can see the stock reservoir, with Little Boy in the middle and Fat Man on the right
The stock reservoir holds 20oz of fluid (filled to the top)
Little Boy holds 28oz filled
Fat Man holds 40oz filled!!
Of course, you have to leave some space for fluid expansion
fba2c208-c840-4153-ba62-947ff3989da6_zpsepi7np6p.jpg

Here you can see mesh screen inside the tank for aeration
1c484f56-dc4a-4b8e-bcc0-c5934021ecda_zpssq1hxtag.jpg

You know how Chevrolet likes to use Cavalier steering wheels in the Corvette? We try to share parts as well. We’re using the 2015+ Mustang expansion tank caps for our power steering tanks since we already use the same parts for our 15+ reservoirs. A fresh brand new oem cap will be included with each power steering reservoir purchase
oem%20cap_zpsxbyhg6hw.jpg

You can just leave that cap if you want or you can opt for your billet cap cover which fits nice and snug on top of it. These are not like the stock cobra radiator caps that keep turning. They come to a stop. So we highly recommend you put the oem cap on all the way first, then place the billet cap cover on top of it to insure that it is sitting the way you want it to. They can be a pain to pry off if you forget to do this.
3fe8958c-679c-4398-a256-8070d185382f_zps95qx4tjp.jpg

eeccf636-abd3-47aa-a9fa-8e0b9bcf782f_zpsxj2bfjm8.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah. So whats the price??

We’ll start with Little Boy since he was the first bomb dropped.
For $150 you get a nice brushed tank with an oem ford cap

a3445546-b679-4296-8de0-54de679aa918_zpstzgc84tk.jpg

bd5b732e-38a4-40c4-8fd2-e1825a4d990d_zpswd2mxl7n.jpg

For $160 you can go all out for the Fat Man. He also comes in a nice brushed finish standard with an oem Ford cap
7fbd4aba-fcd5-48f2-a580-9751d4af4dd3_zpsnzhalcaz.jpg

4dc03269-7965-4e22-8060-bce6718e12ee_zpsusqmd0cn.jpg

The billet 3D TF cap cover!
We are selling these for exactly what it costs us to make them. $20 a piece in machined finish.
THESE ARE OPTIONAL. If you’re cool with the just the black plastic oem cap then you can save yourself $20.
This little beauty goes over the supplied oem cap. It fits super sung. As mentioned above, you should put the supplied oem cap on all the way before you put this billet cap cover on. Once it is on all the way, then put the billet cap cover on the way you want it to sit. I say this because it can be difficult to remove and you may damage it doing so.

Little boy with the billet cap cover
372d55fb-5555-4bcf-b827-3fab667fefed_zpsr2b7kyiz.jpg

5972f847-658d-43d4-bf2f-347d9f8f5333_zpsqkwbtosk.jpg

5875d799-6769-4b98-b0ec-3e23200cdd37_zps4oq9k2vf.jpg

Fat Man with the billet cap cover
1_zpshwbokdld.jpg

3_zps5wdsezuh.jpg

2_zpsc7hholp1.jpg

With a two tone satin black cap with polished TF
aa70ffb8-ebcb-4dd3-98bf-4f0faf39df5a_zpszkqesq4s.jpg

9f509180-d789-4e36-9526-3c7367c2b025_zpsxa5uijdb.jpg

Finish options:
Powder coating OR polishing is $15 for Little Boy and $20 for Fat man

Powder coating OR polished is $10 for the billet cap cover if you get one solid finish. Two tone cap finishes are $20. ie gloss black cap with polished TF (or vice versa)

*So if you want an all gloss black tank, or an all polished tank, or a gloss black tank with all polished cap, for Little Boy it would be $25 and for Fat Man it would be $30
*If you wanted an all black chrome tank, it would be $50 for Little Boy and $60 for Fat Man
*if you wanted a wrinkle black tank, with a wrinkle black cap, with polished TF letters, it would be $35 for Little Boy and $40 for Fat Man

Powder coating: we offer a vast variety of powder coating options. Standard colors you may choose from include:

Wrinkle black: matches the Whipple blowers nicely
Textured black: matches the TVS blowers nicely
Satin black: the best match we offer for KB blowers
Gloss black
Anthracite: matches DSG very well. Can be done in glossy or matte finish
Torch Red: a good match to oem torch red.
Competition Orange: a pretty good match for the oem color
Oxford White: we have a decent match for oem OW.
Gloss clear coating: if you want this over a brushed tank (not available over polished)
Satin clear coating: if you want this over a brushed tank (not available over polished)
Double tinted clear coating: if you want this over a brushed tank
Black chrome: this is a special combo finish. The tank has to be polished first, then shot with black chrome powder coating. Its 2x the powder coating price. It can also take twice as long.
Candy Red or Blue: this is basically the same as black chrome. In the pics down below, you can see our puto tank with candy red caps on a Redfire cobra with red anodized pulleys. They match nicely.

I have personally taken sample caps done in the above oem finishes and matched them to cars. They are not 100% perfect but they are very good. If you want a perfect match, I suggest you have it painted, which we do not offer.
As you can see in the below pic, many of these tanks have the two tone finish option. The way this is done is the entire cap is done first in the primary finish, then carefully masked off and done in the secondary finish. So you are pretty much getting two coatings on one cap.

*some times the powder coating doesn’t come out as clean as we like and it has to be redone. This can be time consuming especially for a two tone cap. The powder coating shop has one guy who does the masking for two tone jobs. It’s a full time job lol. So they can take a while to get done. Especially if the colors are not something they shoot all the time. But to shoot such a little amount of the CO color on a small part for so $10 is a great deal. So be patient if you go that route. Especially with black chrome which is a finicky finish.
*polishing takes a while as well but we get smoking deals on the work and its top notch, so we cant complain.
12311033_1638634106424872_2016683019375494346_n_zpskpz2m5ta.jpg

**for $10 the welds on the top of the tank can be blended down so the tank appears perfectly square.
Add $10 to do the bottom as well though you really cant see it unless youre looking for it.

**for $10 the tank can be media blasted before being shipped out (if you want to have it painted).

Shipping
**im sure people will ask anyways but yes, you will receive an email with tracking info once your tank ships out**
Shipping will be free for these tanks to ANY address in the US of A if purchased during this GB through Jan 31st at midnight
We can ship to Canada and PR as well for an additional cost.

Payment
We can accept Personal Check, Money Order, CASHOLA, Visa, MC, Disco, Paypal and Bank Wire Transfer.
There are two ways to pay.
50% deposit with the rest due when the tank is ready to ship out. Please Do NOT ask, “how much do I owe?” that is why I ask for 50%. KISS
OR
100% and the tank will ship out once it is ready. 100% payers get top priority naturally 

Discounts
In addition to the free shipping discount that everyone will receive during this GB I will give TF wheel customers an additional $10 off and military vets (active and inactive/retired) an additional $10 off.
The free shipping discount will last until these first 30 are sold

How to order
Post up which tank you want, what finish options, if you want the billet cap cover and how you plan to pay. For example
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tank: Little Boy
Tank finish: Candy Red tank
Cap/finish: Two tone cap cover. Candy Red with polished TF (if you do not want a cap cover just put “n/a”)
Extra options: top welds blended smooth
Discount: military/tfwheelcustomer/both/ or n/a
Payment method: 50% deposit via Paypal. [email protected] (your paypal address)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I will then quote your post with the cost and then either send you a paypal invoice for it or send you a PM regarding paying by check/MO or credit card.

If you have any questions you may post in this thread, call me at 818-357-2531 (M-F 9-5 PST) or hit me up on FB (steve at true forged). Please do not pm me asking any questions regarding these as my inbox fills up very easily and your question might be something someone else wants to know as well

******I will keep this open through next Sunday. Come Monday December 14 I will submit the order for production. Whatever tanks are left, I will make a certain amount of each and any late comers can choose from whatever is left. Before anyone asks, no, they will not arrive in time for Christmas. If you get any finish other than the standard brushed finish, they will not arrive till after the new year.

Here’s some installed pics in our buddy’s test fit car.
As you can see, our tank is about .5” from our expansion tank due to its massive girth ;) so if youre tanks are pushed back due to an aftermarket radiator or it does not fit for some other oddball reason we will accept the return if in brand new condition less the cost of shipping and debit/credit/paypal fees. If you scratch it trying to install it we will have to charge you for redoing the finish, but we will take it back.
**one of our customers did do a nice write up on how to move our coolant tanks forward so they sit nice and flush against the radiator cover, so that may help with fitment issues. I can obtain and provide a copy of said how to

Little Boy installed at oem height
030c524b-20fd-41e5-8a4b-3ec1b5f20759_zpslpbkvofk.jpg

6bb1a5a1-328b-4ca8-a8c8-1cd452547adc_zpsyheuga1n.jpg

And the Fat Man. Sitting pretty flush with El Puto Grande.
b_zpsnvtdyasg.jpg

c_zpsezjhj2ui.jpg

a_zpsajjhso90.jpg

Once your order and payment have been received your name will be added to the list

1. svt4.6snake
2. Coolcobramatt
3. Jojomofo
4. 95svtcobraman
5. jasnlemons
6. mavericks-03svt
7. diddystyle
8. da28fan
9. Boosted02gt
10. thetastelingers
11. Blackone51
12. bubblehead93
13. dam2v
14. wile e coyote
15. rz5.0
16. DSG2NV03
17. spdtrip
18. laddanator
19. PrjctLxEnvy
20. Jrod_04
21. Cabbage
22. 5PNTSLW

Last edited:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Tank finish: brushed finish
Cap/finish: Two tone cap cover. satin black with brushed TF
Extra options: none
Discount: none
Payment method: 100% money order-will mail out monday 12-14-2015
--------------

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
in the spirit of Christmas and late BF and being a group buy for a brand new product i will take another $20 off each order placed by Midnight December 31st :beer:

thats $20 and free shipping if ordered by the last minute of 2015! :banana:

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Tank: big boy
Tank finish: wrinkle black
Cap finish : candy red with polished TF
Top welds blended
Payment : PayPal

$160 Fat Man
$ 20 billet cap cover
$ 20 wrinkle black PC
$ 20 2 tone candy red/polished cap
$ 10 top welds blended
----------------------------------------
$230
-$20 Christmas discount
--------
$210 total

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Tank finish: brushed finish
Cap/finish: Two tone cap cover. satin black with brushed TF
Extra options: none
Discount: none
Payment method: 100% money order-will mail out monday 12-14-2015
--------------

$150 Little Boy
$ 20 billet cap
$ 20 two tone satin black/brushed cap cover
------
$190
-$20 Christmas discount
--------
$170

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
if you cant order till after next weekend or after Christmas but plan to do so, please post which tank you'd want and what options so i can at least see how many of each type of tank we will need to make.

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
Tank finish: Gloss Black
Cap finish : Gloss Black with polished TF
Top welds blended down
Payment : Personal Check
Discounts: active military, TF Wheel customer, free shipping, New product!!!

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Tank finish: Gloss Black
Cap finish : Gloss Black with polished TF
Top welds blended down
Payment : Personal Check
Discounts: active military, TF Wheel customer, free shipping, New product!!!

$400

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
These will match my TF tanks perfectly! I'm thinking polished with smoothed edges and having my buddy Deke Hoffman paint my letters mystichrome. That or paint the cap and leave the letters polished.

diddystyle

Established Member
Tank: Fat Man
Tank finish: Textured to match the tvs
Cap/finish: Two tone cap cover. Textured with brushed TF
Payment method: PayPal
[email protected]

And can I get the write up on moving the tanks closer to the radiator cover?

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
here is the write up for the mod to move your tanks closer to the radiator. very minor modifications involved. pretty cool.

courtesy of Steve Haydu :beer:

Cobra-True-Forged-Puto-Tank-Mod-2015-1011-1_Page_1_zpsjawdw5oi.gif

the "puto" tank is just the pair of tanks welded together so if it works for the puto tank then it should be all means work the same for a pair of separate tanks

Last edited:

spdtrip

Established Member
Tank finish: powdercoat satin black
Cap/finish: powdercoat satin black with polished TF Logo
Discounts:
Payment method: 100% deposit via Paypal [email protected]

Last edited:

Cabbage

Established Member
Can the tanks come with caps that match the intercooler and rad tank? I have both so I'd want it all to match? If I can't get that cap I'll still take one.
Tank: Little boy
Tank Finish: bare
Cap: billet polished
Extra options: Top welds blended smooth
Discount: TF wheels/Tanks customer
Payment: PayPal or credit card
I'll pay 100% so it's done.
Thanks

Last edited:

Boosted02gt

Established Member
Tank finish: Fully Polished
Cap/finish: Fully Polished
Discount: Christmas Discount
Payment method: 50% deposit via Paypal. [email protected] (your paypal address)

Total Owed : $160 (Fat Man Tank) + $20 (TF Cap) + $10 (weld blending) + $30 (Polishing everything) = $220 - $20 (Christmas Discount)

Please put mine for the next order. I am moving down to Florida soon and I don't want to deal with it shipping to the wrong address. I will send the deposit payment this week though. If I can have it at some point in January that is fine with me. No rush.

thetastelingers

eyem speshul
Established Member
Tried to send a PM, but your inbox is full.
Was hoping to slide in before you placed the order.

Tank:Little boy
Tank finish:satin black
Cap/finish: yes - satin black

Thanks,
Travis

Paypal address is skyedivr @ yahoo

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
Tank finish: Wrinkle black
Cap/finish: Two tone wrinkle black with TF polished
Extra options: Top welds blended smooth
Discount: Christmas Discount
Payment method: 100% PayPal. [email protected]

Total Owed : $160 (Fat Man Tank) + $20 (TF Cap) + $10 (weld blending) + $40 (Wrinkle black tank with wrinkle black cap with polished TF letters) = $230 - $20 (Christmas Discount) Total = $210

Users who are viewing this thread