03 Cobra vs Mercedes AMG CL65 Twin Turbo

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
A buddy here in Town picked up a AMG CL65 Twin Turbo Benz. That car is so damn sexy you can't even put it into words :bowdown: . So he wanted to get a chance to see how the car would do against some of the faster cars in town. He already raced a cammed Z06 here in town, from 60 they were pretty even then at about 90 he pulled away and beat him by about 3 cars :uh oh: . So I was a little worried I was gonna get spanked by a Benz.

http://www.badassride.com/videos/rossvsdaniel.asf

We have a setup where we punch it after the bridge. I just took off and didn't see him so I let off. That is why you hear me hit it and then let off.

http://www.badassride.com/videos/rossvsdanieldig.asf

Pretty self explaintory, I didn't know if he was going to hit it or not. Then he took off and I got the tight cheeks and floored it and spun. I was catching him but I ran out of room because there was traffic ahead. That is one of the stealthy damned cars out there.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Nice car and nice close race (due to you letting off of course) :thumbsup:

mikep01

Established Member
i have drive a few regular bi turbo v12 and ther pretty torquey. the cl65 is electricly limited to 738 ft of torque by the eng computer.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
I need to move to the desert. I've seen like 10 of your movies and the roads looks in top shape and are always deserted. You lucky SOB.

Chicago is the worst. The only time the roads are clear is at 2am, and the cops are waiting for you.

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
The mod that I forgot to include at the begining was that i have a Stiegemeier ported blower. I have a 100 shot but it wasn't used on him ;-)

Last edited:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Damn you must have a pretty quick snake to do that kinda damage on a cl65 :thumbsup:. I think you can get custom tunes on those things already as well as full exhaust and maybe downpipes too. I'd hate to see what a tuned one would do, especially from 60+ :eek:

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
I will find out in awhile he plans on doing a downpipe and a tune in a couple of weeks :eek: Its alright though because I am doing a 4 pound lower and a BAP after that I am going to up the jets to a 150 shot so he can bring it on. He wants to try and get it to run 10's. With the 4 pound lower I think it should give me enough to still stay in front.

Last edited:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Treynor on these boards has one, just ask him how he likes it...They come from the factory with 607bhp...probably 550rwhp...but with a simple chip it'll put them over 650rwhp...they are badass

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
damn man... good job, that benz was quick... what are ur mods

Check the beginning of the vid.

I would have thought a V12 with Twins would have been quicker than that :shrug:

I guess the potential is there...awesome races.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
DId the Benz get a bit of a jump on you in the second vid, or what?

DynoDan

Established Member
Nice work!

Yeah, this guy can shift a car, I like to call him "Ratchet Hammer Ross". As a matter of fact, I've seen him do some of his best work with a broken hand ;-) .............not to mention the piles of "well used" tranmissions next to his house.

Users who are viewing this thread