"The Brake Man " Brakes

Terry Moenich

Established Member
I just returned from the PRI (performance racing industry)show. I saw alot of really coll stuff.

Has anyone had any experience with the brake system "The Brake Man " offers for our Mustangs"

Looks nice, Rotors hats look a little different.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I have seen them before they look different. Which are you talking about the Hurricane or Revolutions? They have the Hurricane for the 00R and Cobras specifically and state it has better cooling characteristics by far then any other design currently available and has 3 times the thermal efficiency of any performance cast rotor. But get this the price starts at 892.50 per rotor.

Hurricane
THur_rtr01.JPG

Revolution
121950d2585.JPG

Here is the site for more info.
http://www.thebrakeman.com/hurricane
http://www.advancedcooling.com/tech.html

Terry Moenich

Established Member
I was talking about them in general. No specific rotor.

The engineer was talking about the features and made them sound very good. I was wondering why I don't see them on more cars. The rotor price may be why.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
the $69.00 plain brembo rotors work just fine for me, I toss them away after 2 pad changes ;-)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
NJ2000R said:
the $69.00 plain brembo rotors work just fine for me, I toss them away after 2 pad changes ;-)

Ken:

Those things are too heavy for me! You can shave about 25 or 30 pounds off the front end running a 2 piece rotor. My car is officially on a diet now!! ;-)

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Ken:

Those things are too heavy for me! You can shave about 25 or 30 pounds off the front end running a 2 piece rotor. My car is officially on a diet now!! ;-)

Are you sure I didn't think the stock rotors weight that much to loss 15 pounds each with 2-piece rotors. I will need to weight one of my track rotors. Just put down the burger it is cheaper.
cwm40.gif

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
toofast4u said:
Are you sure I didn't think the stock rotors weight that much to loss 15 pounds each with 2-piece rotors. I will need to weight one of my track rotors. Just put down the burger it is cheaper.
cwm40.gif

Yes, I'm pretty sure the stock rotors weigh at least 20# each. My floaters weigh about 10.5# each. If it's that important I can weigh them when I get to the shop in the morning? :read:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Yes, I'm pretty sure the stock rotors weigh at least 20# each. My floaters weigh about 10.5# each. If it's that important I can weigh them when I get to the shop in the morning? :read:

Damn that is a lot. How much do they cost?

ac427cobra said:
My floaters weigh about 10.5# each.

Are we still talking about rotors?
poop.gif

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
toofast4u said:
Damn that is a lot. How much do they cost?

Are we still talking about rotors?
poop.gif

They are not cheap!! Brembo gets about $600.00 for the aluminum hats and hardware only! I get the rotors from Terry. (they are Coleman rotors made to my specs) I think they are about $185.00 each (?? give or take) for the rotor ring that assembles to the aluminum hat.

Yes! Floating 2 piece rotors with aluminum hats!

That's a smelly looking pile of doo? I guess I have to weigh the rotors tomorrow, huh? ;-)

Last edited:

predator

Established Member
A member by the name of "maoun" uses these brakes on his '03 Cobra, Terry. I had talked to him awhile back about his setup before I had decided on going with my Baer combo. I just didn't know enough about them or anybody else using them. Another concern at the time was parts/pieces availability for maintenance.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
toofast:

Ok, here's the weights on the rotors.

Brembo, 2 pc floating rotor with aluminum hat 12.4 lbs

As I run the above (with a heavier Coleman rotor) 13.5 lbs

Brembo one piece rotor 18.5 lbs

So, the weight difference is not as much as I originally thought (yeah, what the hell was I thinking?!!?) but 10 or 12 pounds on the front of the car is something I consider a lot.

:coolman:

Last edited:

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Bruce will tell you about Colemans turn around time. Very fast!!

By the way. Anyone who wants a set of Stoptech's let me know. I can do the 13" floating rotors, pads and braided lines for about $1640.00 including shipping.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Terry Moenich said:
And good prices on Coleman Rotors as well.

Yes, I have said this before and I will say it again!! Terry has outstanding pricing on Coleman rotors and I buy all of my Coleman's through him now!! :thumbsup:

What's nice about Coleman is:

#1 they are cheaper than Brembo's
#2 they last longer than Brembo's
#3 you can have them machined to your custom specs
#4 shipping is instantaneous!!! (I usually get them the day after they are ordered! :eek: )

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Terry Moenich said:
By the way. Anyone who wants a set of Stoptech's let me know. I can do the 13" floating rotors, pads and braided lines for about $1640.00 including shipping.

Would you or Bruce have a pic or link (Stoptech and Coleman)? That sounds like a great deal.

The BrakeMan rotors at $892 each? That is for Pro sponsored racers only!

Thanks!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1995COBRA-R said:
Would you or Bruce have a pic or link (Stoptech and Coleman)? That sounds like a great deal.

The BrakeMan rotors at $892 each? That is for Pro sponsored racers only!

Thanks!

Doc:

My newest Coleman rotors are on the car right now still left over from VIR. I'll be tearing it apart soon and can get some pics.

I might have some archived photos at home which I can check later. Keep your eyes peeled!!!

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread