Polishing Chromies

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
1badsnake said:
NXT All Metal Polish works beautifully! you'll be impressed

Cool. I'll go pick some of that up tomorrow and see what happens.

Is it ok to use a clay bar on chrome rims?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
1badsnake said:
not sure on that..... I'd just give them a good wash and apply the stuff here's a link so you have an idea of what the can looks like

NXT All Metal Polysh

After reading about the NXT stuff, I'm pretty sure it is going to do what a claybar would and then some, so I'll just go buy some of that. Do places like Autozone or Pepboys carry it?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
neverdull, works on demolished salt water corroded brass fittings on ships, so I trust it on my chromies as well, works great IMO and is cheap too.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Thanks for the advice guys. The rims had some overspray on them, so I used a claybar and then went to town with some polishing, waxing, and sealing. It took forever.

Here's what I started with:

Picture_003.sized.jpg

Finished product:

Bling_006.jpg

93Snake

Now that is some beautiful work :rockon: what products did you end up using?

Last edited by a moderator:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just wipe some never dull on them and then wipe it right off. They then look like they were just plated.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
1badsnake said:
Now that is some beautiful work :rockon: what products did you end up using?

Claymagic claybar, Mother's chrome polish (all I could find), Poorboy's polish with carnuba, Poorboy's EX-P,and Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax on top. Those are the product I happened to have laying around, and I didn't want to wait on some new ones to arrive. I will probably buy some Klasse AIO for the chromies in the future.

93Snake

very nice results, all great products to.. AIO does a nice job on wheels, we used AIO/SG on my friends gunmetal z06 wheels and it turned out awesome looking

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Very nice. Your polished chromies look like the practically new ones I just got...while the "before" picture looks like the satins that they replaced! They look hideous in the before pic.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Blue Magic. Check out my other post where we took a super oxidized paint job and spit shined it to mirrors. Check out the chrome. :bowdown:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
mothers is good, but can be very aggressive sometimes on aluminum. I really like california customs purple metal polish. Use it on my truck, and all of my dads.

Users who are viewing this thread