For you R/C plane guys out there...

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Whoever was doing the flying was really good. I went to a baloon festival a while ago and this dude had a remote control helicopter and he was doing some insane things with it. It was awesome.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
blownco said:
i wonder how much somethin like that costs

That Extra 260 as it sits in the video is about 6-9k. I have a a couple turbine jets that use real jet engines and a few WWII warbirds and a hinger 9 Ultimate. I will post pics in a sec. Ihave about 14k into one of my F-16Cs And I just ordered 12 foot F-16C that will have about 20k into.

pics coming next

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
heres da pics
scale F-4 single turbine
f4cdrj_2.jpg

Hanger 9 Ultimate
wfoultimate.jpg

true to scale twin turbine F-14 cost 26k
f148.jpg

f147.jpg

F-16C
nl29483.jpg

rp43116.jpg

rp44850.jpg

Last edited:

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
I also have a turbine Airwolf

pic
airwolfflight12.jpg

The style of flying in the heli video is called 3D and that was filmed at TOC in las vegas

Last edited:

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Last edited:

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
i love those with the turbine engines. sound so sweet. thanks for the fotos of the airwolf, totally forgot about that heli. i love the show! great work there!! :rockon: just out of curiousity, what do you pay for just one turbine? and the cost to keep it running for one flight?

Last edited:

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
theDRIVER said:
i love those with the turbine engines. sound so sweet. thanks for the fotos of the airwolf, totally forgot about that heli. i love the show! great work there!! :rockon: just out of curiousity, what do you pay for just one turbine? and the cost to keep it running for one flight?

The jetcat in the video cost me 3400 to my door and theres a few other things you need to buy along with it to make it run. flight costs run about 10 bucks a flight or so...depending on what kind of fuel you run. You can find used turbines on the net for anywhere from 900-up depending on use/make of the engine.

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
04Mystic said:
The jetcat in the video cost me 3400 to my door and theres a few other things you need to buy along with it to make it run. flight costs run about 10 bucks a flight or so...depending on what kind of fuel you run. You can find used turbines on the net for anywhere from 900-up depending on use/make of the engine.

my friend, i envy you... :beer:

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
04Mystic...you are my hero. I want to break into that hobby so bad, but being a college student I dont really have a hell of a lot of money. When I am older though.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
lol. thanks guys...:thumbsup:

codes, if you need any help or info on anything please PM me. same goes for anyone else that would like info about the hobbie or info on my airplanes.

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
Codes said:
04Mystic...you are my hero. I want to break into that hobby so bad, but being a college student I dont really have a hell of a lot of money. When I am older though.

you could always start with an electric plane. not very expensive. those are also fun to fly.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Yeah thats a good point or you can look here on the net for glow/gas powered trainners....ebay is a good place to start. or PM me and i can help you look.

Users who are viewing this thread