Stock front ride height?

hmwave

Established Member
I need to know quickly the stock front ride height on a car with NO suspension mods.

Can someone measure from the ground to the top point of the fender curve (the horizontal inside edge of the fender) with the car on level ground and let me know how many inches that is, both sides of the car please?

Thanks.

Last edited:

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
hmwave said:
I need to know quickly the stock front ride height on a car with NO suspension mods.

Can someone measure from the ground to the top point of the fender curve (the horizontal inside edge of the fender) with the car on level ground and let me know how many inches that is, both sides of the car please?

Thanks.
The most common way to measure ride height is from the top of the fender arch to either the center of the rim or to the upper or lower lip of the rim. Measuring ride height from the ground isn't going to be accurate because of tire inflation or tire size. Measuring to the lower lip of the rim to the highest part of the fender arch will never change, even if the tire goes flat or you change tire sizes.
I've linked to a picture of my old Z28 and put a red line to where to put the tape measure.

attachment.php

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
He needs to know the stock height, not how to measure. I had it about a week ago, but now I can't remember. Sorry.

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
He needs to know the stock height, not how to measure. I had it about a week ago, but now I can't remember. Sorry.
But, he wanted it measured from the ground to the fender arch, which is going to give him an inaccurate measure of ride height. I'm just trying to help him make sure he gets the right readings and anyone who measures their's gives him the right readings.

Last edited:

whtsnake03

Established Member
On my 03 'vert the right/passenger side is 27 3/4 inches and the left/drivers side is 27 1/2 inches. Hope this helps. :)

hmwave

Established Member
whtsnake03 said:
On my 03 'vert the right/passenger side is 27 3/4 inches and the left/drivers side is 27 1/2 inches. Hope this helps. :)

Measured from the ground with tires at 32psi, right?

What is the distance from the lower edge of the rim to the fender?

whtsnake03

Established Member
hmwave said:
Measured from the ground with tires at 32psi, right?

What is the distance from the lower edge of the rim to the fender?

Yes from the ground to the fender lower edge. I'm not sure about the PSI. The car has been sitting in the garage all winter so the tires may be a little low.

I'll measure from the rim to the fender as shown above in a few. Stay tuned. :pepper:

whtsnake03

Established Member
Right side from bottom of rim to fender is 24 7/8 inches
Left side from bottom of rim to fender is 24 5/8 inches.

Hope that helps. I'm looking to get H&R sport springs with MM isolators on the front to lower 1 1/2 inches. Is that drop correct?

hmwave

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys. Good timing as I fit the MM CC plates tonight ready for a full alignment tomorrow (no more 'What happened to my GS-D3's?" threads!)

Last edited:

hmwave

Established Member
whtsnake03 said:
Right side from bottom of rim to fender is 24 7/8 inches
Left side from bottom of rim to fender is 24 5/8 inches.

Hope that helps. I'm looking to get H&R sport springs with MM isolators on the front to lower 1 1/2 inches. Is that drop correct?

Just to check, this is the front measurment, right?

Wanted to be sure.

whtsnake03

Established Member
Rear measurements:
Right passenger side:
floor to fender = 28 1/8 inches
bottom of rim to fender = 25 1/2 inches
Left drivers side
floor to fender = 28 1/16 inches
bottom of rim to 25 inches

Keep in mind this is a 'vert and not a coupe.

Users who are viewing this thread