• No

Votes: 51 13.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
My friends parents have a 1993 Viper(???Not sure of year, but first year they were made) He thinks its the fastest car in the world, and its kind of pissing me off how he talks about it all the time. I am wondering what you guys think. Can I beat a bone stock viper with my car? I think I might be close. He thinks he will kill me. If I dont win with my car now, when I port the blower and do a few other mods I will take him :thumbsup: Let me know what you guys think.

pottsy

Established Member
I think it will come down to who can drive better and get traction. Could go either way....

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Those are only rated around 400hp. With the pulley, you should be able to take him if you can drive.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
[syko.xero] said:
they only run like a 13.0...you should have been able to stick with him stock
What? A 1st gen. Viper will go balls deep into the 12s if you beat it hard enough.

Sounds like a close race. With equal driver skill (if that applies here), whoever wins it won't be by a wide margin but I think you can take him out. Btw the first Viper year was 92.

Last edited:

Machinator

Banned
mjzilinski said:
My friends parents have a 1993 Viper(???Not sure of year, but first year they were made) He thinks its the fastest car in the world, and its kind of pissing me off how he talks about it all the time. I am wondering what you guys think. Can I beat a bone stock viper with my car? I think I might be close. He thinks he will kill me. If I dont win with my car now, when I port the blower and do a few other mods I will take him :thumbsup: Let me know what you guys think.

Dude with your mods you would kill him. Back when they first came out they were putting out only 415 at the flywheel. Dont worry you got this. :beer:

sled

Established Member
ive driven both cars stock and beat the shit outta them. the 03/04 cobras are hands down faster! if you can drive you'll kill it! the early vipers are not fast! i dont care what anyone says. i drove a 93 and 96 viper. didnt think they were all that great! cool looking car though.

Htown05

Established Member
Race him from a 40 punch and you will pull lengths on him no problem. A GenI Viper only ran high 12 sec 1/4. With you being BPU it will be ugly for him from a roll.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
As others have said - a stock '93 Viper is not a match for a modded Terminator.

YELL03

Established Member
With your mods you should beat him easily.

A Gen 2 will give you a nice run and it will depend on the driver.

My 03 Cobra (cai, cb, 2.8) had 445rwhp/452rwtq SAE and ran a [email protected] (1.93 60') on DRs and a 12.29 on stock radials, my 01 GTS STOCK with filters ran a [email protected] (1.89 60') on stock Michelins (was spinning & sideways badly on the 1-2 shift and had to lift and recover). With the new Kumhos it should be 11 second capable.

Unfortunately, I am a 12 second driver in an 11 second car :rolleyes:

Maybe if I would launch harder than 2000rpms and powershift. :rollseyes

Good luck,

Howard

eleanorsvtcobra

Established Member
yeah bro you should have no problem kickin his ass unless for some reason you suck at driving which im deff sure u dont with all those mods. your friend is about to get his ass shown up!!!!

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
You shouldn't have a problem beating him. Like someone else said, go from a 40 roll and you'll pull him really hard off the punch. :pepper:

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
It hurts 1st gen Viper guys feelings when you do that. Take em roughly.

I beat one. Prior to mods..

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Rev the crap out of your engine, try and get him to launch at high rpms. While he is burning out slip the clutch with those 4:10 and keep the traction, should do him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread