ported pics and questions

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
well my first thread disapeared so i have to redo it.

i have a guy in a club that is porting blowers. hes done 4 so far and has had good results from boost guages and dynos. this first pic is of the one that my buddy does, and the second pic is of one that apten did. both running same pulley size. the blower that my buddy ported made almost 15#'s of boost and the apten ported made only 14#'s. for the price of having my buddy do it i cant pass it up, but do you guys that have ported blowers think that the port job that my buddy does looks good and would you trust someone besides LFP, steigmeier or apten to port your blower???
My Buddies ported
wODI0OTM4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Apten ported
eaton2.jpg

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
DO NOT ADVERTISE FOR YOUR BUDDY. :nono:
im not trying to get him bussiness... just wanting some input about his design from ported trucks and see if they would trust it is all larry.

svt_racing

Established Member
that doesn't look like the Apten port, looks more like a WASP one, I don't remember who WASP is but I remember seeing pics of ports and them saying it was done by WASP. But like I said, doesn't look like an Apten to me, theres are more smooth, they don't have that jagged type cut on the side.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
maybe the guy that sold i to my buddy lied about who did it... but thats who he said did it.

i can always have him not make it so thin in between the holes... is there any real "best" design on the port jobs??

ron_lightning04

Established Member
00sVt Lightning said:
ron you talk to JLP yet? im still waiting for my damn thunder pipe!

lol NO! i am waiting to call ,they said they are out till at least the 16th on there message . i bet they will get it shipped asap thou as soon as they get back man they had to race in florida . i know waiting sucks o well we will have to calm oueselves lol !!!!! HANG IN THERE !!

:fm: :beer:

lates ron,

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
shit i havent been waiting as long as you have either...and mines just a thunder pipe not a KB. But it just pisses me off that they were going to ship it like that monday and then they leave...not a big deal, just tired of waiting

ron_lightning04

Established Member
ford2001svt said:
maybe the guy that sold i to my buddy lied about who did it... but thats who he said did it.

i can always have him not make it so thin in between the holes... is there any real "best" design on the port jobs??

i dont know lol i was just saying looked kinda think to me but it might not matter , i have just seen good work by steigemier

00sVt Lightning said:
shit i havent been waiting as long as you have either...and mines just a thunder pipe not a KB. But it just pisses me off that they were going to ship it like that monday and then they leave...not a big deal, just tired of waiting

yeah i lmow what you mean man ! lol almost started yelling there lol

:pop:

lates ron,

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
more pics pf my buddies last one done... i think it looks pretty good.
IMGA1319.jpg

should of widened out the top where the silenceing holes are spread out more is all i think.

IMGA1327.jpg

IMGA1331.jpg

i think i might be another test mule and try it out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread