Scion tries to run me

00GT

Banned
At the stoplight. I take off 1/2 throttle seeing if the young kid wants some. He does. He punches it. I punch it and put 2-3 cars on him by the middle of 2nd. Then a damn Toyota pickup pulls out in front of me. :cuss: I wanted to bury the guy by 10-20 cars. :burn: I hit the brakes and he goes flying by. I put it in 3rd and hit it around the truck. I stop the Scion's pull and slow down because we are already 20 over the limit. Of course, he scurries off afraid to line up again. :fm: Did he think he had a chance?

00GT

Banned
00badfnws6 said:
Scion what tc, xb, xa...???

I don't know. First time i've ever seen a Scion and I only saw the front and side. He was fairly quick. One of the car rags got a 15.7 at 88 out of a tc with 160 hp. It was probably that one. I was so pissed that truck pulled out! :fm: I wanted a good clean 1/4 mile+ run with the guy.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
xA is the economy car, the xB is the one that looks like a boxy van, and the tc is the sports coupe version with the CAI/supercharger upgrade option.

I am thinking of getting an xA for a daily driver because of the gas prices, leaving the Lightning for fun on weekends.

StevesBuddyAntz

Established Member
I stop the Scion's pull and slow
:D my 2003 Chevy Tracker 4*4 could do that.
The wife has a 5spd tc...there peppy down low but fall on there face quick..Plus there heavy for what they are(nice interior though)..I thought about modding it but it would be a waste of time..(imo anyway). A stock 96 GT would make quick work of one

Last edited:

LaFlavor

Established Member
one of my roomates has one of those, and we've gone a couple times with me in my '02 gt vert. he can hang with me for a second if i'm a gear or two too high, but as soon as i hit 3k rpms it's over.

not a bad car for what it is though. lots of leg room for such a small car.

hunterp

Established Member
00GT said:
I was so pissed that truck pulled out! :fm: I wanted a good clean 1/4 mile+ run with the guy.

Yea, who woulda thought that some other bastard might have wanted to use the road! Take it to the track.

00GT

Banned
hunterp said:
Yea, who woulda thought that some other bastard might have wanted to use the road! Take it to the track.

Exactly!

I do take it to the track. But i'm not going to let some dude in a Scion think he can beat me.

wolfsburg2

50 trimmed
Established Member
i agree man, pride is definately more important than safety. screw the haters. 150mph in traffic is fun.

please note this is sarcasm.

00GT

Banned
BLTONFirehawk said:
I dont think the GT can go 150 :poke: ;-)

Stock it can't. It tops out 4th gear about 140 and can't pull faster in 5th because it is too tall of gear/not enough power. I might be able to run 150-155 because I geared my car for perfect top speed running. Someday if I find the right road I may try it. Or I might go out to the Black Rock desert to test it. :poke:

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
Mo Boost said:
xA is the economy car, the xB is the one that looks like a boxy van, and the tc is the sports coupe version with the CAI/supercharger upgrade option.

I am thinking of getting an xA for a daily driver because of the gas prices, leaving the Lightning for fun on weekends.
Maybe I'm behind the times, but I think there's many a pissed tc owners cause toyota still hasn't actually released the trd package including the supercharger yet, which I'm sure they used as a selling tool for a number of kids who wanted to smoke their neighborhood ricer. That is all.

Users who are viewing this thread